Anodizing a frame?

lokisbuddy

Do they have powder that looks like anodized purple? man that blue looks sweet. also would a clear coat dull it out? thanks for the replies guys that is exactly what i was looking for. where do you buy the powder? :biggrin:

Do they have powder that looks like anodized purple? man that blue looks sweet. also would a clear coat dull it out? thanks for the replies guys that is exactly what i was looking for. where do you buy the powder? :biggrin:

I personaly have not seen a anodized purple. Anodized is not glossy. Clears come in all kinds of gloss levels. I get all of my powder form HERE

Anodized powders do not require a base coat or a top coat. A real anodized part is not glossy. Shinny, reflective, yes, depending on the surface of the part being anodized. If the aluminum is not polished it will be flat. I am not saying you are wrong. And different companies have different products that they call different things. Anodized is just another transparent like a candy. Eastwood does not have a transparent or a candy blue so they call it anodized.Where i get my powder they have all three. When I first started out I used to get all my stuff from Eastwood. Now that I have been powder coating for a few years and learned about different companies and powders I know better. I still buy some powder from them however they are overpriced and other powders that I have used perform much better.