Left Cylinder dead from idle to 1/4 throttle Please help!

Bansheexpx

So i worked on it today, and tried to see if i had good spark..well i was being stupid so the answer is YES..and oh did it shock me. Next i couldnt get my hands on a compression tester yet, but i did happen to put my hand over my exhaust while it was at a high idle...and withing maybe 5 seconds my left hand was covered in oil...and my right hand nothing. Does that mean my crank seal is bad??? Thanks for the continued ideas..still trying to get my hands on a compression tester

if you put brand new plugs in, and the left fired right at first with alot of smoke, that could be a seal, but otherwise, no. that's just that cylinder not firing right. could be low compression, or bad spark. so, you still need to get your hands on a comp tester.

if you can't get your hands on a tester any time soon, you could always pull your pipe, and reeds, grab a mirror, and visually inspect the piston and see if you can see anything. or you'll have to tear into it, but a tester is pretty cheap.

Just an update..did get a compression tester and it was about 120 on each cylinder with stock head, 3000ft elevation, and vitos power pistons(which with the shaved exhaust port might lower my compression a tad..not really sure how that works.) I did however check my pickup gap also and it was running around .028 to .030 so that was a bit off. I placed it at .016 and it seems as though that was my issue. Both cylinders fire now and it runs fairly strong again..now i just have to figure how to tune the single lectron carb. Thank you guys so much for you help, it was nice going riding with my with this last weekend.

Thanks again

if you can't get your hands on a tester any time soon, you could always pull your pipe, and reeds, grab a mirror, and visually inspect the piston and see if you can see anything. or you'll have to tear into it, but a tester is pretty cheap.