WTB for BANSHEE

banshee balla

im looking for a billet impellar for a banshee....idc what brand...as long as it is billet and in runable shape...please let me know....PM or post

Just a little info that i have been given. I was told that running a billet impeller is not a good idea. I am sure other people will have a different opion. They told me that they run a plastic one for a reason and the billet one will cause you other problems. Like i said just what i have been told.

:shrug:

ohh ok...well what exactly is bad aabout it?...please explain a little before i purchase this...any other feed back is helpful....

also the reason they replace the plastic with the billet is the plastic tends to fall apart after a while

What i was told was that after a bit of time on the billet ones they will start to flake and you will end up with that shit in your motor. The plastic ones do wear out after some time but they told me you are better off to replace it with the plastic one again because if it goes bad it is not going to hurt anything were if the billet one goes bad you are going to need to tear your motor apart to get the pieces out. For the price of the plastic on versus the billet one and how often you actually need to replace it they say you are better off with the plastic one.

Like i said this is just the info i was given by a reputable shop here in Oregon that has been building very fast banshees since they came out not from experiance.

What i was told was that after a bit of time on the billet ones they will start to flake and you will end up with that shit in your motor. The plastic ones do wear out after some time but they told me you are better off to replace it with the plastic one again because if it goes bad it is not going to hurt anything were if the billet one goes bad you are going to need to tear your motor apart to get the pieces out. For the price of the plastic on versus the billet one and how often you actually need to replace it they say you are better off with the plastic one.

Like i said this is just the info i was given by a reputable shop here in Oregon that has been building very fast banshees since they came out not from experiance.

hmm.... first i ever heard of that.

your source of information sounds flawed to me.

they must be using battery acid or something more corrosive as coolant.

those billet impellers are made out of aluminum just like the cylinders

and the radiators in our banshees. seems like all of those parts would

"flake" away at the same time.

Edited by Hilarious

hmm.... first i ever heard of that.

your source of information sounds flawed to me.

they must be using battery acid or something more corrosive as coolant.

those billet impellers are made out of aluminum just like the cylinders

and the radiators in our banshees. seems like all of those parts would

"flake" away at the same time.

i agree. billet is the better choice. they do not melt and have better flow. get a pro design and call it good

Does CNC billet even flake? I would think not. JMO :shrug:

Hell, if billet does flake, the airlines, and plane manufacturers are in deep shit. I worked for Alcoa for 13 years, and pound for pound, aluminum is stronger than steel. If the billet impellars are "junk", then how can they make heads, blocks, intakes, wheels, and everything else for cars, trucks, and so on, and expect it too last? Somebody was feeding this guy a line of caca, about the billet impellars being junk. :confused: