bolt kits

sheeman101

Any stainless bolt set that you buy is gonna be fragile going in and coming out. Stainless looks good, but is a pain in the ass trying to get them out sometimes. Everybolt needs to be Anti-Seized, and not extremely over tightened. I have mostly all stainless bolts on my bike, which I'm in the process of getting rid of. I can't even get the rear brake rotor off the hub, because the stainless bolts welded themselves on. The allen heads are stripped in all 4 of them. I tried to get them off with a pipe wrench, but they still won't come. Just get yourself some grade 8 bolts, anit-seize them, and paint the heads. It's cheaper that way, and much easier coming out. And you won't have to worry about them snapping off.

Cascade sale kit cover most everything cost $350.00 that is correct 350 bills expensive as all get up but has a lot of bolts in the kit

Cascade sale kit cover most everything cost $350.00 that is correct 350 bills expensive as all get up but has a lot of bolts in the kit

that seems cheap or at best reasonable around a 1.00 a bolt but whats your time worth trying to to tap a busted bolt off worth? thought about chroming my old bolts but from what hear chrome plating is through the roof

that seems cheap or at best reasonable around a 1.00 a bolt but whats your time worth trying to to tap a busted bolt off worth? thought about chroming my old bolts but from what hear chrome plating is through the roof

You have a point i been down both roads love chrome seems like never get good quality that last and wont flake or chip once you put a wrench on it .As for stainless it has its problems but i have never knock on wood snapped off or had one seize up .In my experience with my job in industrial food equipment that requires the use of all grades of stainless for obvious reasons .That the only real problem arises when you put to similar materials together like stainless steel on stainless steele or brass on brass or aluminum on aluminum this will cause them to gaule up or seize. Thats the reason you should use a good amount of anti seize and back off on the torque a little .So for me the choice will be stainless for some things and chrome for other thanks