66mm cylinder

banshee440

Ok heres the deal my cylinders are 65.93mm and 65.98mm so what size pistons do i need to order 80 over???? I feal dumb but i'm ordering them today and i dont want to mess this up... Thanks a ton guy's...

Yeah, just make sure that the clearances and ring gap are within tolerance.

Second thought, you should have ordered the pistons first, then taken them to the machine shop. They should know the tolerance, as it is directly related to the bore size (don't remember at this time); and the ring end gap is something you would check. Someone will post those tolerances, I'm sure. I don't remember what they are.

Wiseco calls for a finish bore diameter of 2.598" with their 66mm Banshee pistons. Your a couple thousands shy on the smaller bore and about perfect on the bigger one. You are going about it backwards BTW. You should be fitting the bore to the pistons and not the other way around.

Rule of thumb for ring end gap is .005" for every 1" of bore diameter. In your case, ringend gap would be .013".

Ok heres the deal my cylinders are 65.93mm and 65.98mm so what size pistons do i need to order 80 over???? I feal dumb but i'm ordering them today and i dont want to mess this up... Thanks a ton guy's...