need some jetting help

08shee

I have an 08 banshee that has toomey t5 pipes, 2 k&n filters with outerwears, and a dynojet stage 3 jet kit. I put in the 280 main jet and have the needle on the 4th groove. The air screw is 2 1/2 turns out. It runs perfect at idle but sputters a bit in mid range. At wide open throttle it works perfect. What would i need to set to get it to run good all the way through?

i'd try putting the needle back in the middle clip

A friend of mine that has been around 2-strokes for awhile drove it and said it felt like it was running lean. (slight hesitation, sputtering, and backfiring during mid range)

I ended up putting a half washer on the needle so its now at 4 1/2. Well now I got more issues. At first the slide wouldn't go down on one side of the carb but I didn't realize it and tried starting it. I got that fixed and couldn't get it running so we push started it. It won't idle at all but WOT it works...sometimes. As soon as I let off it stalls. All I changed was the needle 1/2 a size richer. It's my first time actually playing with the carbs by myself so could I have put something back together wrong?

p.s. I also changed the plugs but it ran good before I even took it apart.

Help me please :confused:

honestly i dont kno if they would i havent tried. but as long as you got the grove matched up it is good

I ended up taking everything apart and putting it back together and it works now. I replaced my plugs at the same time so maybe I had a fouled plug. Do the "TORS" sensors ever stay on and cut out spark?

Why would you put a washer on the needle? TORS sensors fuck up everything if they malfunction and prevent the bike from moving and is only for amateurs.

My dynojet kit came with washers. They give you a wider range of tuning the needles. Instead of jumping a full notch on the needle you can go half a notch.

NEXT MOD....TORS REMOVAL KIT

if i remember right, the dynojet needles are fat like the vitos needles. just put the clip in the middle position, with NO additional washers and try that. otherwise, just throw your stock needles in, with the clip in the middle position as well, as your modded shee doesn't require the different needles....IMO.

Edited by mopar1rules