bike wont start

batshee

hey guys i was told by my mechanic that my harmess and cdi was bad ,so i order a cdi and a harness now my bike wont start...this bike never had a key switch or a working kill switch ,on my old harness there was just two wires tied up (a red and a black) and to turn it off i would disconnect them.

on my new harness there was a female tip blac/white wire coming out of my harness and it was connected to nothing(i left it alone) i bit further up in the harness theres a clip with two wires a blck/red and a black one i tied does together and bike still wont start i checked for spark and saw very little spark.

when i kick it it sounds like its about to turn on but it doesnt what can this be the bike was running before but kinda slugish do to the harness being bad along with the old cdi being bad as well am going crazy!!!!

What was it doing to make you think the old one was bad????? Wire harnesses don't "go bad", they can have damage that exposes wires..but that's easy enough to fix.

Leave the black/white wire unattached, and (I think) ground the black/red wire and the black wires...or just look at your old harness and see how its wired.

What was it doing to make you think the old one was bad????? Wire harnesses don't "go bad", they can have damage that exposes wires..but that's easy enough to fix.

Leave the black/white wire unattached, and (I think) ground the black/red wire and the black wires...or just look at your old harness and see how its wired.

my old harness was really ugly and had wires chopped every where ...am starting to think its a black wire with a yellow stripe that is crimpped with a wire that is black