do you like your truck lifed or dropped?

bansheeNEB340

do you like your truck lifted or dropped?!  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

is that $49 price with new u-bolts????  I can get custom leafs made for about $45 a piece my cost.  u-bolts are $35 a set.  Just curious.........  And you cannot properly swap IFS for an axle for under a grand.  Or even close to a grand.  there is driveshafts to be made, bracketry, steering box and reinforcing the frame around the box.  Crossover steering.  :D

Sorry QuadMX, let me correct my post. I was in a hurry and got a little ahead of myself. You can get the IFS conversion setup for around a grand, my friend bought one for his Chev and paid $1150. Then you find yourself an axle and tcase, and get your driveshaft. With the driveshaft you will probably be closer to 2k. You just have to look some and find deals. They are always in the last place you'd think. I can find Dana 44 30 splines around here for $200, just have to look a little, and the 9" Ford are relatively easy to find. If your gonna run big tires (like boonman's dodge), I'd move up to a Dana 60. A little more money but you can still find a deal now and then. I'm not too sure on the how much to expect for a tcase from a donor, probably 4 bills. Boonman, how much for a case? Yea, they are not the simplest of jobs.

Oh, and that $49 is with the u-bolts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammmm $49 for U-bolts and a leaf. That's cheap..... :shock: And if you are going to go to a solid axle from IFS, I would go the "extra mile" and throw a Dana 60. I can find them around here sometimes for $100. FOr a T-case, you can find them from anywhere from $400-$1000 depending on what you want. I was hunting for a divorced T-case from a '78-'79 F-250. They are the only divorced ddriver side output made in an NP205 model. I never found one. I ahve seen them as low as $250, but that is extremely rare. You may be better off finding a parts truck and buying the whole thing!!! Also note that most of the time, you can use your factory t-case on your IFS equipped truck if you get the correct axle. About 98% of the trucks of newer vintage are driver side front output. Which means you need a driver side input on your axle. These driver side input Dana 60's can be found on F-350 Fords. Cheap usually. They are kingpin style knuckles and very easy to re-build. Another thing to think about is the rotation of your front driveshaft is something to consider. There are reverse rotation axles and what not to be aware of.......

I hope you don't think I was trying to be a "prick" or anything. I re-read my post and it sounded kind of borderline pricky. I just didn't want anyone to fire up the hot wrench and get balls deep and be like WTF??? I thought it was only a grand??? :shock: No biggie. If anyone was to undertake a project of this nature, be careful and plan ahead. Far ahead...

The worst thing for me about going taller is..... it's only temporary. Get 3 inches, then I want 6. Another few months, and then I'll want to go to 10. I suppose its that way with anything, just like these quads, get the pipe, then you want a head, then a port job.... on and on and on.

Here's my problem. I've always had 4.10 gears in my axles, well this one time, I get sick of the mpg and go with 3.73. All of a sudden I find myself wanting 6" of lift. I have 3" and with the 35" tires, my gearing is already around 3.55 or something (can't remember exactly). So I'm adding another 3" and what else am I going to do with the tires except go taller?? Of course, theres only one option here. I am going to have to sink 2Gs into the axles. There is no way of going bigger without lowering the gears. And, theres no way I'm breaking into the axles without throwing in a set of air lockers. Air lockers mean air compressor. Which means I'll have to do that right and get a good tank so I can run tools and air tires. Not to mention, I have dual rears. To go taller means wider, which I can't do on my present rims. New rims to go with the tires. :x Where does it stop?

So you can see what my $49 leafs and bolts got me. A lot deeper than $49. :?

• 5 weeks later...
i want a slammed f-150 airbags with 20's that looks fucking fya  

but i would also like a gmc sierra z71 flareside jacked up  

so i guess ill just get both

if your going to fuck up an f 150 at least go 24's.

I'm all about the lowered trucks, I drive a lowered S10 myself. But I have nothing against lifted trucks, they look good too and I'm sure the ladies don't refer to them as "cute" like they do my lowered truck.

dont you guys that want these "cute" lowered trucks feel like a j.a. doing 2 mph through the dirt at the local riding spot. everybodys looking at you for a reason, and its not cause your trucks cute :roll:

Wife just got a new F150 supercrew. Now I'm in the market for 20's or 22's. I'm gonna level the rear, but I'm not sure how big I can go on the tires, being that I'm not used to this type of tire size.

Any suggestions? or pics of this setup?

dont you guys that want these "cute" lowered trucks feel like a j.a. doing 2 mph through the dirt at the local riding spot. everybodys looking at you for a reason, and its not cause your trucks cute :roll:

well i hope they aren't looking at it because it's cute, i'm just saying that's the reaction I get from girls. As for feeling like a j.a., no, it's all about personal taste and what you like, so I could care less for the reason you look at us. Plus at the dragstrip my truck doesn't see much dirt/sand, that's what the Jeep is for.

ALL RIGHTY THEN. IF IT WASNT FOR THE POON WE WOULDNT DO WHAT WE DO, RIGHT. BUT IF YOU GOT GAME THEN YOU CAN PULL CHICKS WALKING DOWN THE STREET :wink: . LATER

ALL RIGHTY THEN. IF IT WASNT FOR THE POON WE WOULDNT DO WHAT WE DO, RIGHT.

haha, so true

been there, done that, (just never in a lowered truck :P ) now im married, life is good. later