BANSHEE HQ

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee has done an amazing job at keeping this site going strong, updating with new features and software which are always cool and well be cool himself about everything. Hope this site isn't too hard on ya Lee :laugh:

:thanks:

Thanks everyone, your ideas, comments, and suggestions, quite often take some time for me to think about, to mull around in my noggin before I can implement them; but no posts or otherwise that are brought to my attention fall on deaf ears. Everyone's views and opinions get taken into consideration, and that truely I believe, is what keeps a forum community alive.

The site's changed so many times, i can't even recall the different layouts, features, and major topics that have come & gone for almost precisely 10 years now.

Other sites, especially during a financial disaster such as the current state of the economy, I'm sure are finding it challenging to find ways of keeping the sites alive. I'll be the first to admit that during some points along the way, the challenges are nothing short of difficult. However, early on, I've made it a point to allow the BHQ to not just teach me what I need to know about the Banshee but beyond that, I try to learn what makes things easier, and more enjoyable for the HQ'ers who come to the site every day. I'm sure other niche forums are finding it difficult in certain ways if they've been reliant on their ad-base and member-base to keep the site floating, but when the winds change financially or otherwise, you have to adjust your sails accordingly. I'm sure in the coming years we'll see other sites come and go, and site policies change constantly.

Recently on the BansheeHQ, I've removed any google ads from being served up to Premium Members. In addition, non-premium members will still see google ads in unobtrusive locations throughout the site.

The latest additions to the BansheeHQ suite of ammenities, as most of you know: BansheeTube.com.

Banshee Tube is a YouTube inspired Banshee Video sharing network. Upload videos, link videos to your site, and more.

Other enhancements include the BansheeHQ Sponsor Spotlight, where we highlight those who serve the Banshee Community and as well, sponsor the BansheeHQ.

This year alone the BansheeHQ has received the aforementioned additions, as well as moving it to a brandy-new server, with modifications done server-wise which was tailored directly to the operational nature of the BansheeHQ site specificially. Meaning, the server is configured for the BansheeHQ where most web-servers are tailored to hosting a wide-range of sites, thus optimizing it for the BansheeHQ.

Lastly, that I can think of at least, I've replaced the default forum search engine with a much needed server-side-indexing engine.

Again, thanks certainly goes to the HQ'ers that have helped build a community where over 14,000 registered HQ'ers can call their home on the web. With over 200 new members per month, the BansheeHQ is consistently welcoming new riders and new members alike to join the World's Largest Banshee Community.

lee.. we all enjoy this site, we forget about how much work u really have to put into this site to keep it up and running for us.

someone said the other day that this site is kind of like are garage for guys/girl.... i agreed !!

its a great place to talk banshee's ... but also to make new friends. ive made alot of friends that ive never seen in person. but am glad to call my friends.