Went to my first 300ft dirt drags.

chugger

First pass ever was a 5.6 at 58.1

i averaged anywhere from a 5.2-5.8

mph ranging from 57-61

my best time of the day was a 5.2 at 60.4 mph

my best reaction time was a .503

tell me what you guys think i was using my 04 shee with mods in sig minus the spray.

i run a 15t front sprocket with a 38tooth rear sprocket with 22/11-8 4snows

i got my best time launching in first with my ass as far back on the seat as i could get it

i got my best mph launching in second up on the tank

I just need your opinions i still had bad wheelspin but the 4snows helped alot

thanks

chris

If you change your gearing you'll get a much better time than what you're running. Were you running the boondockers kit? If so, how much you spraying in each cylinder? What kind of suspension are you running?

I ran a consistent 4.8 last year on my stock cylinder bike, stock frame, transmission, 300 lb rider. All I had was a drag port, bigger carbs and out of frame pipes, +8 swingarm

If you change your gearing you'll get a much better time than what you're running. Were you running the boondockers kit? If so, how much you spraying in each cylinder? What kind of suspension are you running?

I ran a consistent 4.8 last year on my stock cylinder bike, stock frame, transmission, 300 lb rider. All I had was a drag port, bigger carbs and out of frame pipes, +8 swingarm

No spray waiting on the 4mil crank then i will be on the spray

what kinda gearing owuld you recommend i weigh like 180-185 but i need some more experience.

any pointers you can give me

i know one thing has to change my pipes pro-circuits are garbage i have shearer inframes on the way and am debating on converting to alky

suspension wise i am stock no lowering or anything besides the +6 swinger

Edited by chugger

I dont know how it is with the swinger, but on my stock swinger I get the best race on tank in 2nd on launch then after launch I move back over the tires to try and keep em planted. Sometimes the front lifts though. If I launch on the back, Id just wheelie to hard.

I would try running stock gearing and launching in second... You want to try and use all your gears, I bet you were in 3rd or 4th at the finish line with what you were running; that's really tall with those 22" tires. :smile:

If you plan to strictly drag race this bike, I'd highly recommend looking into putting a strut on the rear, make it rigid, and put some 300ex shocks on the front. They'll lower it down and set the front right where it should be. Suspension has a big role in how quick your times will be.

Does your track give you 60' times? If so, what was yours?

I would try running stock gearing and launching in second... You want to try and use all your gears, I bet you were in 3rd or 4th at the finish line with what you were running; that's really tall with those 22" tires. :smile:

If you plan to strictly drag race this bike, I'd highly recommend looking into putting a strut on the rear, make it rigid, and put some 300ex shocks on the front. They'll lower it down and set the front right where it should be. Suspension has a big role in how quick your times will be.

Does your track give you 60' times? If so, what was yours?

No sixty foots i wish though it would make it a lot easier to tune my bike.

I dont want it to be a pure drag bike but put it this way the only trail riding i do is to get to the open fields and roads to race on.

so stock sprokects and launch in second

stock is 14/41 correct?

since the drags are only once a month around here i might strut the rear and get the 300 shocks for the front.

i need to get the other boondockers nozzle so i can use it on the pods i have i just dont like the boondockers because you really dont know what shot you are running.

id like to run high 4's i will be building a 10mil soon so hopefully that will drop me to mid to low4'sbut we will see.

thanks for the help i might try to find a set used marvin shaws

No sixty foots i wish though it would make it a lot easier to tune my bike.

I dont want it to be a pure drag bike but put it this way the only trail riding i do is to get to the open fields and roads to race on.

so stock sprokects and launch in second

stock is 14/41 correct?

since the drags are only once a month around here i might strut the rear and get the 300 shocks for the front.

i need to get the other boondockers nozzle so i can use it on the pods i have i just dont like the boondockers because you really dont know what shot you are running.

id like to run high 4's i will be building a 10mil soon so hopefully that will drop me to mid to low4'sbut we will see.

thanks for the help i might try to find a set used marvin shaws

Yep, 14/41 is stock gearing. The strut makes a noticeable difference on the track, if you want to be competitive in drag racing I feel that rigid is the way to go.

I know someone that has a some marvin shaws for sale, PM Big Blue, not BIG_BLUE, there's two of them on here, lol Derek has a whole set for sale, along with some other things. :beer:

10mil set up right should easily put you in the low 4's / real high 3's on a stock frame, and on an aftermarket chassis you'd be in the mid to upper 3's. You'd be amazed at how much these aftermarket frames make a difference.