suspension help

floydfan_90

You will be fine with a stock swingarm but a -1 will really help you out -2 is too much you will have a hard time keeping it down -2 is good for flattrack not MX If you ask me. If the guy porting your bike is matching the ports with the 4mil crank and porting it for FMF pipes and you have 30mm carbs you will have no need to go with a longer swingarm and your rite they do hurt in the trails and on the track. I would sell those 30mm carbs and get a Trinity 2:1 setup with a PWK 35 Carb it really improves lowend and it smooths out the powerband. A Good strong Chromoly swingarm is the best way to go for your riding conditions -1 will move the wheels more twoards the motor for great hook up and better cornering abilitys and thats what its all about.

If you have adjustments options on your Works dial them in all the way soft do a few laps then adjust them all the way stiff do a few more laps and adjust from there to where you think the shocks will work best for you Jumping long or cornering have a setup for both and remember even write down your adjustments.

Also for all of the dirt riding your doing ditch the pods and put an airbox and either a K&N in there you can squese out a little more power with a K&N but its not worth the problems if you ask me or get a 2:1 Uni Filter and use sticky oil like BelRay foam filter oil. You can mod your Airbox lid by cutting 1' holes in it and placing filters in the holes you cut for better air flow. You will NEED to do this espically if you get into any water whatsoever.

You will be fine with a stock swingarm but a -1 will really help you out -2 is too much you will have a hard time keeping it down -2 is good for flattrack not MX If you ask me. If the guy porting your bike is matching the ports with the 4mil crank and porting it for FMF pipes and you have 30mm carbs you will have no need to go with a longer swingarm and your rite they do hurt in the trails and on the track. I would sell those 30mm carbs and get a Trinity 2:1 setup with a PWK 35 Carb it really improves lowend and it smooths out the powerband. A Good strong Chromoly swingarm is the best way to go for your riding conditions -1 will move the wheels more twoards the motor for great hook up and better cornering abilitys and thats what its all about.

If you have adjustments options on your Works dial them in all the way soft do a few laps then adjust them all the way stiff do a few more laps and adjust from there to where you think the shocks will work best for you Jumping long or cornering have a setup for both and remember even write down your adjustments.

Also for all of the dirt riding your doing ditch the pods and put an airbox and either a K&N in there you can squese out a little more power with a K&N but its not worth the problems if you ask me or get a 2:1 Uni Filter and use sticky oil like BelRay foam filter oil. You can mod your Airbox lid by cutting 1' holes in it and placing filters in the holes you cut for better air flow. You will NEED to do this espically if you get into any water whatsoever.

I agree, stay stock length and get the the 2:1

Edited by jlsparky7

• 2 weeks later...

yea i guess on the banshee a -1 would be good since it spins so much i have rode the mx nationals for the last 4 years on 4 strokes only 2 stroke i ever ran was the 250r i give someone credit if they can ride a banshee mx that damn 265pv 250 i had used to wear me slap out lol.i went 1inch longer on my z400 and honda 450 but they were 4 strokes and put the power to the ground.

i can tell ya tire selection is very very important!!! i liked the kenda klaws or the dunlops that come stock on the new ltr450 for a soft pack track and the holeshot sx's and razr's for a hard pack.

well hope i could maybe help a bit even though i never raced a banshee!