86 Suzuki lt250r vs. 86 Honda trx 250r

How do these to quads compare to eachother? Do they put out about the same Hp stock? I know they make 310 kits for the hondas but what kind of mods are out for the suzuki? Whats your guys views on the LT250r good quad or not. I dont seem to here too many people talking about the Lt250r's. I just have been wondering how these two compare to eachother performance and reliability wise.

How do these to quads compare to eachother? Do they put out about the same Hp stock? I know they make 310 kits for the hondas but what kind of mods are out for the suzuki? Whats your guys views on the LT250r good quad or not. I dont seem to here too many people talking about the Lt250r's. I just have been wondering how these two compare to eachother performance and reliability wise.

Back in the late 80's when I used to ride a hopped up Honda 250R in the dunes, I raced quite a few LT250r's. It seemed like the Hondas always had the edge in the motor dept. I know they made stroker cranks for them but I'm not sure who. You can try Falicon, they can probably still make you one (727-797-2468).

I never got beat by an LT250R but I'm sure somebody out there had something really fast (There's always somebody faster). Reliability wise, I only heard negative things about the hopped up Quadzillas, especially the 87's. They had one less head stud and seemed to pop frequently.

Steve

The older lt250rs suck........They get good good when you get in the powervalve years I believe 89??? anyway I started with an 86 and couldn't keep a topend in it for shit then I got the 90 powervalve cylinder version and that thing was a beast! when the band would kick you knew it!...I would say motor for motor it would be close if you comapred the Honda to the powervalved LT but other than that the honda has it beat...but realy who gives a shit Ride a banshee The meanest Damned 2 stroke on the face of the planet and be happy!

• 1 month later...

If you have to choose between 86 of each take the honda. The 86 has a case reed design the SEVERELY limits the airflow potential

It is a torquey low end motor, great for a trail bike but not a screamer by any means. The 85-86 suzuki also has a crappy swingarm design.

But I am in the minority in thinking that the 87-91 LT's handle better than the R does.

The suzuki's (87-92) can be built to perform and hold together but you have to stay on top of the maintenance.

I know I have an 85 and 87.

But, For a really good bike put a honda r engine in a suzuki chassis Like the founder of Alba did.

I am going a little bit further by putting a banshee engine in an LT chassis.

If you have to choose between 86 of each take the honda. The 86 has a case reed design the SEVERELY limits the airflow potential

It is a torquey low end motor, great for a trail bike but not a screamer by any means. The 85-86 suzuki also has a crappy swingarm design.

But I am in the minority in thinking that the 87-91 LT's handle better than the R does.

The suzuki's (87-92) can be built to perform and hold together but you have to stay on top of the maintenance.

I know I have an 85 and 87.

But, For a really good bike put a honda r engine in a suzuki chassis Like the founder of Alba did.

I am going a little bit further by putting a banshee engine in an LT chassis.

True, the other thing is the 1987 LT250R had a huge intake with a giant reed cage. They have the makings of being quite a ripper if built right.

I want to put a Banshee engine in a Quadzilla chassis. Big cushy boat with RELIABLE power. My LT500 is a bastard sometimes.

Edited by Snopczynski

id bet there are way more hop ups for the honda

Well yeah, but you can do just about anything to either one with the right tools and machinery. I know this guy named Bob Krueger, he has an LT500 on methanol with an airshifter, he builds LT250R stuff too.

the 87 250 has the same reed block as the LT500. It is a screamer.

As far as LT performance 250 or 500 pm DRq on Planetsand. the man is the LT encyclopedia. Helped me out a lot!