Dial-a-jet

How does Dial-a-jet actually work, what does it do? if you add new pipes an du have dial a jet do u have to rejet?

Basically,

You tap into the float bowl with a fuel line, and you have a brass type externally adjustable jet that you drill your carb for. You open the valve on this jet, and it increases fuel flowing into the carb based on the intake vacuum....

So...instead of taking the bowl off, you open or close the jet to give the bike more or less fuel.

They're really not needed on gas setup, unless you ride in extreme altitudes or climates frequently.

For the alcohol burning crowd, they're pretty much a must.

I have heard complaints that they don't work very good.. I have wondered about them myself. I could see them working for minimal fuel changes but since they would affect all the circuits of the carb I would think any real fine tuning would still have to be done the old fashioned way.. But Maybe someone else can comment who has used them. I'm interested to hear experiences.

I have heard complaints that they don't work very good.. I have wondered about them myself. I could see them working for minimal fuel changes but since they would affect all the circuits of the carb I would think any real fine tuning would still have to be done the old fashioned way.. But Maybe someone else can comment who has used them. I'm interested to hear experiences.

They're a must for alky, Stu. Due to the amount of fuel that must be stuffed into the cylinders.

There's a lot of variables....the nozzle length, etc...which effects how/when they come on.

Keep in mind, you need some real vacuum to pull fuel from it...so, mostly 1/2 to full throttle.

I had them on my 35PWKs on gas last year for my cub. I planned on using my 35's for alky, but....I'm going with a fuel pump setup on 39's instead. No worries about running bowls dry or out of alky. Plus, I'm going with a big motor, so..bigger carbs.

The only time I opened them up was at the dunes last year, because it was closing weekend and much colder then the rest of the time I rode my bike. They worked just fine!!!

But like anything...tuning tuning tuning!!!!

They're a must for alky, Stu. Due to the amount of fuel that must be stuffed into the cylinders.

There's a lot of variables....the nozzle length, etc...which effects how/when they come on.

Keep in mind, you need some real vacuum to pull fuel from it...so, mostly 1/2 to full throttle.

I had them on my 35PWKs on gas last year for my cub. I planned on using my 35's for alky, but....I'm going with a fuel pump setup on 39's instead. No worries about running bowls dry or out of alky. Plus, I'm going with a big motor, so..bigger carbs.

The only time I opened them up was at the dunes last year, because it was closing weekend and much colder then the rest of the time I rode my bike. They worked just fine!!!

But like anything...tuning tuning tuning!!!!

Exactly

well i live in BC canada and theh temp from summer to winter is totaly different and where i ride it goes any where from 3000 -4500 ft. so would they be useful to me?

I put them on my cub withrace gas and wished I would have done it sooner,So much easier to tune for temps,air density and engine load amounts.I don't think I would put them on in your case but if you do decide to get them I recommend the ones from vito's.

Exactly

I put them on my cub withrace gas and wished I would have done it sooner,So much easier to tune for temps,air density and engine load amounts.I don't think I would put them on in your case but if you do decide to get them I recommend the ones from vito's.

Get the Dave Moore power jets. I have a few buddies running these, and they like them a whole lot better than the other guys....

http://www.davemooreracing.com/super_jet.php

You're going to have to tune you main in lean at the lower elevation...and use the power jet to accommodate the lower altitude by opening it up.

You can close at higher altitude (did I get that right OJ?? LOL)

Then....when it gets colder out, open it some more...

Get the Dave Moore power jets. I have a few buddies running these, and they like them a whole lot better than the other guys....

http://www.davemooreracing.com/super_jet.php

You're going to have to tune you main in lean at the lower elevation...and use the power jet to accommodate the lower altitude by opening it up.

You can close at higher altitude (did I get that right OJ?? LOL)

Then....when it gets colder out, open it some more...

Dial-A-Jet IS NOT like a Power Jet. A Power Jet feeds raw liquid fuel, just like the other circuits, and works from 7/8 throttle and up. Dial-A-Jet feeds emulsified fuel for instant throttle response and works from just above idle to full throttle.i've never heard of anyone running "dial a jets" with alky. heres a link to dial a jet,read for your self: DIAL A JET

Dial-A-Jet IS NOT like a Power Jet. A Power Jet feeds raw liquid fuel, just like the other circuits, and works from 7/8 throttle and up. Dial-A-Jet feeds emulsified fuel for instant throttle response and works from just above idle to full throttle.i've never heard of anyone running "dial a jets" with alky. heres a link to dial a jet,read for your self: DIAL A JET

Same principal....and there are plenty of power jets that work before 7/8 throttle...it all depends on the lenght of the tube protruding into the bell.

I'd bet the tube design in the "Dial a Jet" is such it just mistifies the mixture...better so than a standard power jet.

Same/similar principal as the DM Super Jet....not just a spray of fuel, more like a mist.

Good point...blue.

Well...what mastarosa needs to know is they are all based on the same prinicpal, supplying more fuel via an adjustable jet tapped into the float bowl through vacuum attained at open throttle and RPMs.

Some cover wider RPM ranges, some mist...or emulsify...the fuel much better....it's all in the design.

Hope this thread helps!!!

:thumbsup: