How to tell the YEAR of your bike

fox_forma

• 3 weeks later...
I always see posts about what year someones bike/ATV is and its very simple to figure it all out. I figured this could maybe help those people, who know maybe even make this a STICKY so the same questions arent asked over and over.

Below is how to tell the year of your bike going by the frame VIN, you want to look at the 10th digit on the frame and compare from there.

A

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey everyone, im new to the forum, and also new to owning a banshee, I just picked it up tonight. I have A Question, the tenth digit of the vin on my 4wheeler is (A) i was told it was a 1989, but on the list in this thread an (A) would make it a 1980 model???? If anyone knows what it is please let me know... thank you in advance

did you count right? haha not saying you dont know how to count. but mine is hard to read looks like a H but it is an M wich would make it a 91. And your model cant be a 1980 they didnt start the banshee till '87 so just go back out there and take a light with you so you can see better and use a sheet of paper to follow you counting.

did you count right? haha not saying you dont know how to count. but mine is hard to read looks like a H but it is an M wich would make it a 91. And your model cant be a 1980 they didnt start the banshee till '87 so just go back out there and take a light with you so you can see better and use a sheet of paper to follow you counting.

just went out to the garage to look. it is a 89 (k). i knew 87 was the first year, and my banshee has j arms so i knew it had to be A early model, but when i saw (a) i didnt know what that meant. (I guess I need to get my eyes checked) thanks for the quick response!!!

well i live in a country called kuwait and my shee is supposed to be a 2004 but my friend says its a 2001 so could u help me?

i dont know if ur vins r the same as ours cause i looked throught the chart and couldnt find yours. maybe post a new topic in the general banshe discussion room and ask them your question. one of the gurus on here will prolly chime in and have your answer, sorry i couldnt help. hope you find out.