How to tell the YEAR of your bike

fox_forma

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest Brutus

Have an Engine Serial Number of 3GG 301414 fellas??

Guy claims it a 2012 but frame has been powdercoated & serial number covered over so Engine No. is all I have to go on.

1 hour ago, Guest Brutus said:

Have an Engine Serial Number of 3GG 301414 fellas??

Guy claims it a 2012 but frame has been powdercoated & serial number covered over so Engine No. is all I have to go on.

They are sequential. For sure from this thread a member has a 2005 Engine : 3GG-277311 . Not a big jump from 2005 to 2012 (24103 units), but hard to say how many were produced. hopefully someone with a newer than US imported Banshee will chime in.

1 hour ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

They are sequential. For sure from this thread a member has a 2005 Engine : 3GG-277311 . Not a big jump from 2005 to 2012 (24103 units), but hard to say how many were produced. hopefully someone with a newer than US imported Banshee will chime in.

Would’ve thought that after 06 the production numbers would have dropped quite a bit as they stopped making them in the US.......only produced in Canada until 08........were only made in Australia then until 2012.

Just trying to do my due diligence in case I end up paying 2012 money for a 1999 engine!😂

• 2 years later...

Hey guys I bought a Yamaha banshee roller because my dream is to build it and got my parts and I am at a stand still I bought a case it has no vin just 3gg it’s brand new 

and I ran into the issue because in order to register it needs the engine ID but I had no engine when I bought the bike  the vin on the chassis is clean I ran that and dmv needs both engine and frame vin to get plated

i called chp told them my issue and they said they don’t stamp vin on engines  told them I have a new case and all that’s stamped is 3gg- he said yeah we need the rest of it

so I called chp again and told look I’m looking on buying an engine the number is this and he said he couldn’t look it up because they don’t just check engine vin unless it’s a case or is an investigation he needs higher cleareance.

the number is 3gg-207212 that are stamped on the motor   how do I decode that or where can I get info 

do any of those number match a a chasi vin number  need info on it please

thanks