How to tell the YEAR of your bike

fox_forma

Weird. I was always under the impression that my bike was a '99. I bought it from a family friend who had it for two years and never rode it, and he bought it from a dealership here in town.

My VIN says '99, my plastics are in the '97 color scheme, and I have no idea what year my engine is, but it matches neither the '99 nor the '97 numbers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I phoned yamaha, mine should of been a 2001 by information I was given and by guides telling you about what the numbers and letters mean and yamaha told me it was a 2002 and was imported to the uk from France, I needed the information for registering it for road use so they printed it out for me at a huge cost of £45 about $60 something dollars for a single sheet of paper, most people obviously don't need that so it's just the price of a call, so if your not too sure you could try yamaha of whatever country you live in. Only takes a couple of minutes just ask for a vehicle check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...