+3 or + 2

bertski077

i am about to order my a arms n i am wondering should i get plus 2 or plus 3 what the advantaves/disadvantages of 1 inch bigger? i am going to start racing mx this upcoming year and a few xc races. thanks

+3 will give you more stability but won;t be ideal for the woods if those xc races are in the woods. If I were you I would get the +3 a arms for mx and just run some 4+1 offset rims when you race xc which will take 1" off of each side. Yeah you will have to buy another set of rims and tires but you probaly want 18" tires for mx and 20" tires for the xc any way.

Its all in how much you wanna spend and if its gonna be strictly an mx bike or not. If your even considering going in the woods or anything thats gonna be tight dont get +3+1s. I love mine but i avoid the woods at all costs now it takes twice the effort to make it through the woods than before. If your riding on tracks and open fields id say go for it. Oh one last thing take a look at Jenseens LT setup. Runs around 1600 and its a killer setup in my oppion. I could almost beat myself up for not just saving alittle more to get it.