Post your Beast

Dmcbanshee

It's stock. It's just out of reach of my boot. Until I get used to the new boots, I'm gonna keep it stock length because I can move arouund pretty well with it out of the way as it is. I may shorten and weld it since it's as basic as it is, but I like it for now.

I may fab up a shifter that's between the Blaster and Banshee units becuase the shorter one requires too much pivoting when switching between upshifting and downshifting, and the Banshee piece is just at the tip of my boots. I ride with my feet on the pegs under the backs of my arches. If I'm just a hair too far back, my boots just barely roll off of the shifter.

I'm gonna glue a 3/8" rubber grommet onto the main rails where the kicker hits to keep the wear down as well.

On my Laeger's chassis peg position is moved down and back from oem, so I ran into similar challenges when finding a shifter and brake pedal.

I ended up with pro design blaster shifter which suits my foot well.

My memory says pro design offers a stock length blaster shifter as well as another that is either slightly longer or shorter. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

I used a pro design banshee brake pedal and shortened it.

The toe piece bolts to the lever/arm. So I was able to unbolt the toe piece, find the happy spot, cut the extra length off the arm/lever, round off and smooth the cut surface and then drill new holes and reattach the toe piece. Turned out pretty good for me.

I appreciate it.

I can't bring myself to spend $7200 on one. I'd LOVE to get my hands on an aftermarket chassis.

It's definitely a chunk of change no doubt about it.

And that is just the beginning! Start adding up all the other parts, shocks, tires, motor work, ect on top of that and you will give yourself a heart murmur...

Definitely worth it for me though

It makes it even harder that I already have $3k in suspension... One day.

I didn't ride for about 10 years because my frustration levels with oem were maxed out and I didn't have the ability to fund a Laeger for quite a awhile.

Once I got there, was worth it to me.

I'm on the fence with it because there's only 1 MX class for 2-strokes in AMA that I could compete in and it's pretty much a free for all.  I could take the money for a frame and shocks and buy a YFZR off the floor.  It probably wouldn't be as fun initially, but the long term fun in racing in multiple classes of sanctioned races would likely make up for it, plus I'd still have my banshee that I have now.

If I take this job in Texas, I seriously may buy both.

I'm on the fence with it because there's only 1 MX class for 2-strokes in AMA that I could compete in and it's pretty much a free for all. I could take the money for a frame and shocks and buy a YFZR off the floor. It probably wouldn't be as fun initially, but the long term fun in racing in multiple classes of sanctioned races would likely make up for it, plus I'd still have my banshee that I have now.

If I take this job in Texas, I seriously may buy both.

That's a hard call.

In reality the yfzr is probably going to be the better choice for the long run.

My next bike will most likely be a yfzr.

Atv racing completely died off here in 2009 about a year after I built my Laeger. The local race circuit voted to just drop the atv class completely two years ago due to lack of attendance. Bummed me out and traveling long distances to race just isn't reality for me.

I have no regrets building my Laeger though. They are absolutely worth it to help feed the banshee addiction.

It's growing down my way.  I run a group on facebook for riders along the gulf coast and we have regular rides that have helped the scene more than I would have thought.  The first ride had 4 people, the last one had around 30.  We're starting to get on tracks once a month before they groom them.  Some places are even considering building ATV specific tracks, but we're the ones doing the work (fine with me).  We're having stickers made, I guess you could say we're pretty serious.

What kind of problems did you run into with filter fitment on that chassis?  What length were the shocks?  Are the arms interchangeable with 250R arms?  I'm sure there are people wondering the same thing.

It's growing down my way. I run a group on facebook for riders along the gulf coast and we have regular rides that have helped the scene more than I would have thought. The first ride had 4 people, the last one had around 30. We're starting to get on tracks once a month before they groom them. Some places are even considering building ATV specific tracks, but we're the ones doing the work (fine with me). We're having stickers made, I guess you could say we're pretty serious.

What kind of problems did you run into with filter fitment on that chassis? What length were the shocks? Are the arms interchangeable with 250R arms? I'm sure there are people wondering the same thing.

That is great to hear about the growth in your area! When the economy fell apart here it took the life out of a lot of things around here, especially anything recreational. It has improved, but unfortunately for now the atv scene just isn't doing anything.

Let me get back to you on the details of your questions. Probably tomorrow.