Lonestar banshee 250r grometry frame Q's

jimanold22

That's really why we all build these, just to be different and show the thumper nuts that a Banshee built and ridden correctly can win. Everyone uses the arguement that they aren't legal in Pro Production, how many people actually race it? The key to utilizing the chassis is a properly set up motor. Loboboy and I have built different types of motors with the same theory, torquey motors that come on early, transfer on to the pipe with as little abruptness as possible and still pull like a Banshee on top. I used Powervalves, he went with more stroke. Different means to similar ends.

chances are I won't beable to afford the 250R geometry set up for a long time. So, this weekend I might be picking up a piped good condition 98 for 1100. What suspension set up on a stock frame would you suggest? I was thinking something along the lines of the Janssen outlaw front end with a -2 or -1.5 round house with a revalved stock rear(or would a works be better? :shrug: ). I'll be running low on funds so I gotta use the best alternative to the high dollar shit.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

I bought a lsr outlaw the other day. It is a bit different then what I have seen here. Uses honda front and has no link rear. However my shock is mounted on top of the swingarm. The upper shock mount is still relocated like the others I have seen. But it appears to have more of a banshee rear end. Also has yamaha pegs. Not propeg. I believe it was a desert racer. Hence no propeg like a mx frame. I wondered if someone could measure inside to inside at the rear pivot to compare. Lsr said the swingarm is specific, but the guy I spoke with did not know much. Id like to find the undermount style swingarm but want to know if mine is different then most others. I believe mine is around 7" and my 250r swingarm is a little wider maybe 7.25" so are your swingarms truly 250r swaps or specific to the chassis like mine?