TIPS for Jumping

Slayer1018

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all about form if u dont have it ull eat shyt keep good control of ur front end and shift ur weight smart look at the shape of the jump and how much u need to manuever ur bike to land and stay in line DO NOT stay over ur ass end or ull end up landing crooked stay in the balance point its pretty much where the footpegs come up when u take off from a jump i look at the face and then directly spot my landing its kinda like a roll just "roll" the bike maybe not the best word for it kinda curve it over the jump i lift up the front end a little through flight and as im spottin my landing i level the bike or adjust my front down if its steeper landing if its a smooth transition just keep the bike level and ull end up going through it smoothly u want to land on ur back tires first just start small sumthing with and easy lip and a smooth landing DONT get comfortable with ur jumps once u start getting in that mode u start fukn up and getting hurt Just Keep your form all the way through the transition and ull be a mx champ in no time have fun bud good luck

Its all about form if u dont have it ull eat shyt keep good control of ur front end and shift ur weight smart look at the shape of the jump and how much u need to manuever ur bike to land and stay in line DO NOT stay over ur ass end or ull end up landing crooked stay in the balance point its pretty much where the footpegs come up when u take off from a jump i look at the face and then directly spot my landing its kinda like a roll just "roll" the bike maybe not the best word for it kinda curve it over the jump i lift up the front end a little through flight and as im spottin my landing i level the bike or adjust my front down if its steeper landing if its a smooth transition just keep the bike level and ull end up going through it smoothly u want to land on ur back tires first

steady throttle.  Don't bleap the throttle of the lip.  Keep a constant throttle and the rest should be natural feeling.  If you are in trouble just remember rear brake to bring the front end down and get on the gas to bring the back down.

502352[/snapback]

I agree,watch how you throttle the jump.You could take a bad shitter on jumps if you hit the throttle when you're fronts are in the air and you're rears are still on the ground.

Speed on approach is important.Don't be afraid of the jump.

he's almost as bad as my boy, Adam (aka MXbob) on another board. but at least Faster can spell. Some times I even have to go back and edit the poor guys posts and translate for everyone else.(thank goodness I have Mod/Admin access on those boards.)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, keep your ass OFF the seat when you land. If not, when it rebounds you're probably coming off the bike. :(

or ull smash the hell outta ur nuts...