Mx racing with banshee!please help

surferdude4349

Ok first off i just switched from ma 2004 yz 125 to a 2005 banshee. I use to race a little on my 125 but got bored of my dirtbike and switched to a 4 wheeler the guy gave me an even trade with the 125 so i took it. my question is are banshee's ok racing bikes for tracks? if u just put some mods on it. and a question is anyone know some good mods... first off can someoine give me a good website to order some parts off of.. and if i should go with a pro circuit pipe or fmf or any better out there. and some good places thati can order cheap nerf bars off of.

a good start is to get some nerf bars and then make the bike wider by putting a new +4 rear axle on and +2 a-arms. You then can buy new shocks such as Elka and also buy some new pipes, DMC, Toomey, Paul Turner, FMF, Pro Circuit. There are alot of different pipes to choose from.

You can get good deals on parts from RockyMountainATV.com

hope this helps.

Edited by supercoop

can anyone tell me the stock rim size of a banshee.. or wut tire size fits stock banshee rims. need to know. and cant find the size anyone please?

491642[/snapback]

Surf, Don't mind those guys, they are usually rude to anyone that is new.

Your rims are probably 10" up front and 9" rear. I'd suggest running the Kenda Klaw on your bike because the Holeshot will be gone in half a race. You'll want the 20" front and and 18" rear. The first thing you'll want after that is a arms and suspension. If you need any more help let me know.

Shane

www.wolfpackracing.com

Surf, Don't mind those guys, they are usually rude to anyone that is new.

493422[/snapback]

:blink: .... It's the fact that you get people that register for the soul fact of answering there question... no searching... no even a quick scroll down the page... So somebody does the search for them.. post a reply... not even a thank you... never hear from them again... Cruise around the HQ a little more before you make a blind assumption such as that one....

I mean... seriously... do you have to ask somebody ACROSS THE COUNTRY what rims are on YOUR bike :huh: .... If you make an ass out of yourself... we will sure as hell let you know :confused: ....

Mike

I mean... seriously... do you have to ask somebody ACROSS THE COUNTRY what rims are on YOUR bike :huh: .... If you make an ass out of yourself... we will sure as hell let you know :confused: ....

493582[/snapback]

Even so it's still a good idea for him to go out and take a look at his own rims you never know when they could have been switched. Mine came with a set of rear Tri-z rims and I wouldn't have known with out looking to see what they were.

• 6 months later...

Ok first off i just switched from ma 2004 yz 125 to a 2005 banshee. I use to race a little on my 125 but got bored of my dirtbike and switched to a 4 wheeler the guy gave me an even trade with the 125 so i took it. my question is are banshee's ok racing bikes for tracks? if u just put some mods on it. and a question is anyone know some good mods... first off can someoine give me a good website to order some parts off of.. and if i should go with a pro circuit pipe or fmf or any better out there. and some good places thati can order cheap nerf bars off of.

ok man your going to need suspension first you are not going to be good without suspension.then get some good low end pipes. then go from there. im not being a dick but befor you post next man try to use the search tool ok. thanks man.

Derick