WHERE IS THIS SITE GOING?

Wheatchex

After having been away and not posting or following the site for several months, I have seen what I inevetably expected. From the get go Lee (as it seemed to me) has always tried to maintain a place where information about the Banshee has been freely distributed and for the most part been offered cheerfully. Initially off topic postings were tolerated as long as they were not flames. When it did occur the flamer was delt with pretty quickly. Bluebreadtruck, anyone? For the most part people were treated with respect. It seems as though that has all gone out the window. Flaming seems to be rampant as well as a general lack of respect. This has been on going and has been delt with fairly well up until lately although there have been instances where people who really knew their stuff had had enough and gave up trying. I like to think that I was able to hang on through most of it. It is with this forum as it is with other forums with good intentions, they have their knowlege base diminish over time because of a lack of respect, off topic postings and childish actions of some. This is to be expected as a site's popularity grows and the people who really cared move on because of the crap that gets posted vs the important information which gathered us here initially. Having said that, I probably will be frequenting the HQ less and ultimately drop off altogether in the near future. I might stop in once in a while, hovever I won't be posting.

Lee: Thank you for having the site available way back when when I needed it most (98 or 99) and allowing me to be a productive member.

For those who I helped: you are welcome if anything I suggested helped get you out of a jam or clarified your problem.

For those who helped me: A big pat on the back and a well deserved thank you.

For everyone else: Enjoy what time the HQ has left and treat others with respect and they will in turn respect you. It doesn't work to expect respect and then decide whether or not give it back. If only more people would remember the golden rule as it is easy to forget on the net.

It was a fun ride while it lasted. See you on the dunes or on the trail.

Adios!

Wheatchex

Edited by Wheatchex

im here all the time and i havent seen a bunch of fighting and carrying on recently. often times stating ones opinion gets turned around into "flaming". this is in fact an open forum and if you post here, you had better be ready for what people are gonna say. not everyone here likes everyone here, or their bikes or whatever they say. well it is an open forum and there are MANY opinionated members here such as myself. and trust me, i know it gets all twisted around into "flaming" when someone posts an opinion that not everyone likes. i think here lately it hasnt been too bad. there doesnt seem to be too many pissing matches on the forums as far as i can see, or maybe i just havent looked close enough. if there is someone gladly point them out to me...

and you say that knowledge here has diminished..how so?? i think there is probably more usefuel information here than there ever has been before. if its not on the first page of the forum, you can search for just about anything and find many threads on it. so i guess id like to know how the site has diminished??

i dont think this ever becomes and issue until someone starts a post like this. everyone carries on about their business and things are fine until one of these rants occurs. you say you will frequent the site less?? when was the last time you posted because i dont see your name around anywhere. what value have you had tothe HQ lately? you say its diminishing, yet instead of going ahead and contributing you come here and start this lame post. i can respect the fact you are member #35 and have been around for a long time, but you really arent helping anything by coming here and posting this.

I Concur, I concur and ohh yeah, I cuncur :headbang::headbang:

Couldnt of said it better Tyler, Take no offense wheatchexx but he is right :confused:

im here all the time and i havent seen a bunch of fighting and carrying on recently. often times stating ones opinion gets turned around into "flaming". this is in fact an open forum and if you post here, you had better be ready for what people are gonna say. not everyone here likes everyone here, or their bikes or whatever they say. well it is an open forum and there are MANY opinionated members here such as myself. and trust me, i know it gets all twisted around into "flaming" when someone posts an opinion that not everyone likes. i think here lately it hasnt been too bad. there doesnt seem to be too many pissing matches on the forums as far as i can see, or maybe i just havent looked close enough. if there is someone gladly point them out to me...

and you say that knowledge here has diminished..how so?? i think there is probably more usefuel information here than there ever has been before. if its not on the first page of the forum, you can search for just about anything and find many threads on it. so i guess id like to know how the site has diminished??

i dont think this ever becomes and issue until someone starts a post like this. everyone carries on about their business and things are fine until one of these rants occurs. you say you will frequent the site less?? when was the last time you posted because i dont see your name around anywhere. what value have you had tothe HQ lately? you say its diminishing, yet instead of going ahead and contributing you come here and start this lame post. i can respect the fact you are member #35 and have been around for a long time, but you really arent helping anything by coming here and posting this.

480124[/snapback]

wheatie helped alot when i was new, but times change people change, i`am on here multiple times a day,i don`t see an out of control site.at times we get a rush of knuckleheads ,but right now it is fine.sounds like a kid that left highschool for a year and went back to find everyone had moved on.there are still many many knowledable people on here to answer any question that need be asked.

I stand by my comments. I do respect your opinions even if they don't agree with mine and will listen to them. I've done my share of helping as well as being helped. However a lot of the postings turn ugly for one reason or another. Also there is a lot of useless junk that has to be weeded out to find the gems. So like I said this is normal and expected for any forum. I do think it has out lived it's usefullness to me. I will miss those who I respect and you all know who you are. (I'd have liked to meet a lot you in person, and may still run across you out and about on the Banshee)

Just because I'm not a post whore, doesn't mean I haven't contributed "usefull" information. 95% of my posts were informational and pretty factual and usefull to the individual I responded to. Not many can say the same. I do have several posts that I am not proud of and shouldn't have posted them in hind sight.

Wheatchex

PS: If you all want to tell me to piss off, that's your right. I am however entitled to my opinions and if you don't like them so be it.

Edited by Wheatchex

After having been away and not posting or following the site for several months, I have seen what I inevetably expected.  From the get go Lee (as it seemed to me) has always tried to maintain a place where information about the Banshee has been freely distributed and for the most part been offered cheerfully.  Initially off topic postings were tolerated as long as they were not flames.  When it did occur the flamer was delt with pretty quickly.  Bluebreadtruck, anyone?  For the most part people were treated with respect.  It seems as though that has all gone out the window.  Flaming seems to be rampant as well as a general lack of respect.  This has been on going and has been delt with fairly well up until lately although there have been instances where people who really knew their stuff had had enough and gave up trying.  I like to think that I was able to hang on through most of it.  It is with this forum as it is with other forums with good  intentions, they have their knowlege base diminish over time because of a lack of respect, off topic postings and childish actions of some.  This is to be expected as a site's popularity grows and the people who really cared move on because of the crap that gets posted vs the important information which gathered us here initially.  Having said that, I probably will be frequenting the HQ less and ultimately drop off altogether in the near future.  I might stop in once in a while, hovever I won't be posting.

Lee:  Thank you for having the site available way back when when I needed it most (98 or 99) and allowing me to be a productive member.

For those who I helped:  you are welcome if anything I suggested helped get you out of a jam or clarified your problem.

For those who helped me:  A big pat on the back and a well deserved thank you.

For everyone else: Enjoy what time the HQ has left and treat others with respect and they will in turn respect you.  It doesn't work to expect respect and then decide whether or not give it back.  If only more people would remember the golden rule as it is easy to forget on the net.

It was a fun ride while it lasted.  See you on the dunes or on the trail.

Adios! 

Wheatchex

480118[/snapback]

I don't see a problem with this forum at all. Most of the outright attacks are directed towards total newbie idiots that ask idiotic questions like "how fast will a Banshee go", or other stupid shit.

There are some very interesting threads sometimes, like when people debate politics, religion, personals lifestyles, etc. If people agreed on all those issues, this would be one boring fucking world. We don't spend all our time thinking about quads. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

i enjoy this site. i have only been on for about a year ,but most of the stuff i have learned about a banshee came from here. so long live Banshee HQ :notworthy:

you got to realize , everyone has differnt views or has a ego to stand up to..... i like to think of myself as , IM THE SLOWEST , I KNOW NOTHING ... that way no one gets there feelings hurt .... and remember its just the internet if you dont like what you see here , fuck off ! the internets huge tehres plenty of places to hang out at .

There are some very interesting threads sometimes, like when people debate politics, religion, personals lifestyles, etc. If people agreed on all those issues, this would be one boring fucking  world.  We don't spend all our time thinking about quads. :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:

480200[/snapback]

WORD. The HQ goes through cycles. Me personally I've been through my Banshee so many times and for now it's right what I want, except new rear tires. I tend to read the other threads now and check into the repairs and mods section on occasion. I don't need to constantly ask questions on my shee nor do I feel I need to spend all my time answering questions for others, part of learning is figuring it out on your own with a little bit of help or doing a search. I don't think there's a single question about a Banshee that if posted you won't get a response on. Help is bountiful and members need to stay occupied or what's the point in coming back again and again. Years and years of answering the question "what's the best oil to gas ratio" doesn't trip my trigger.

I'm assuming that telling the 35th member of the site to "fuck off" is precisely what wheatchex is talking about when he says this place has gone to the shitter.

The site is way different now than how I remember it being when I first registered as a member. Some of it is better but most is worse. Alot of the members dont know what the site was like back then and probably don't care. I really can't explain what it was like, just different and friendlier.

I barely post anymore unless its to help someone out of a jam. If I post anymore than that, someone will ultimately take something I say out of context and start a bitch war. I'm tired of participating in the melees that constantly go on and end up 35 pages long with no one even attempting to reach an agreement.

With that being said, I know I've set myself up for plenty of bashing. All of you with the big egos and foul fingers, go ahead and start the party!