How To Install YFZ450 Shocks On Your Banshee...

Stinger

Finally got around to installing 04 yfz shocks & +2 +1 Quicksand A Arms. They fit and the suspension is really soft, not stiff at all. I have alot of tunning to work on though & post my thoughts once I take her out for a spin.

Banshee50.jpg

hey climbanyhill I'mg planning on doing just what you did.... I have yfz450 shocks and i am planning on purchasing some +2+1 a-arms.... Iv looked into fireballracing and quicksand .... these are all that i found will fit with the yfz450 shocks also with ASR a-arms and Wicked.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.

Well, I have a J-arm banshee. I noticed with the stock shocks it already comes close to the upper J-arm. Well, since the YFZ shocks are larger in diameter, will they touch the top J-arm?

(Sorry if someone already asked this, didnt feel like reading the whole thread...)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just to add to this. I just got done modifying my stock lowers. If you cut the back webbing out, and then heat the area that the lower shot mount hits, good and red with a torch, you can tap it down nicely to gain clearance. It takes maybe 30 minutes, and can be done with a regular propane torch. You won't have to modify the shock at all, and it looks real nice when done.

I wish t hese ohlin shocks i found would fit... 390 shipped... What did u have to mod? I just got my a-arms p/c i dont wanna fuck them up

With the aftermarket arms, you shouldn't have to do anything with the a-arms, it should bolt right in. You will have to shave a little on the upper mounts at the chassis. It takes literally 15 minutes to shave it with a angle grinder. Use a soft disk and its mainly the front shock mount ear that needs it. Paint up the bare metal and toss those shocks in.

With the aftermarket arms, you shouldn't have to do anything with the a-arms, it should bolt right in. You will have to shave a little on the upper mounts at the chassis. It takes literally 15 minutes to shave it with a angle grinder. Use a soft disk and its mainly the front shock mount ear that needs it. Paint up the bare metal and toss those shocks in.

look at the link I posted above... In the 1st pic its the rear then the 2nd pic is the front shocks...What do you think of them.. he said there stock length

i was just reading some other shit... Will these yfz springs work on lone stars +2+1's??? Someone was saying they will only work on certain a-arms?

I'm not sure, I think that they will be fine with the lonestars. Its the design of the stock a-arm, and the mount being a stamping that is the issue. The aftermarket ones just don't have the mount tab connecting piece, and they have the extra 1/8 of inch clearance between the shock eyelet and the mount bar. You should be fine.

If you go to page one of this thread, there are closeups of the mount modifications.

well i got the burgard +2+1 arms and the stock 450 shocks, work great. the only thing is that it sits high but it works for me that way. I have the preload backed all the way down but I love the way it rides as is. so if you have the shocks just try them and go from there. You can always get the dual rate set up from works for the yfz shocks, but they are a little $$$. so your best bet would to be to just get the full aftermarket shocks. i would go with elka but everyone has their taste. I have riden both and i will take the elka anyday over works.