How To Install YFZ450 Shocks On Your Banshee...

Stinger

Buy certain model banshee shocks

I am looking to put yfz 450 shocks on my Banshee as described in this thread and want to know if all the yzf 450 shocks are the same or not .Seems like the people who have done this are pretty happy with the results I just need to know what model year shocks to get or if it matters.I am going to buy +2 +1 a arms and dont wanna spend 1000 dollars or more to do a a arms and shocks at the same time so the 150-250 dollars for yfz shocks seems like a good idea .

Damnit ! oh well and I thought I had found a good alternative / cheaper yet reliable when I found this thread .Are people having issues after doing this mod with ball joints wearing out or safety or something .

Unfortunately. .good, reliable, and cheaper usually don't go together.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately. .good, reliable, and cheaper usually don't go together.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's usually the case I am not trying to cheap out as that's not me. I try to do things right and I saw this thread and thought it was a good option since others had done it.

• 4 months later...

WHy arent any of the pictures loading for me ? im wanting to do this mod, is there another write up somewhere ?

DON'T DO THIS MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times does it have to be said?  banghead

You can "Want to" but that doesn't mean anyone has to help you do something stupid.

This has been tried and tested, it's an idea that has spread widely….but it's SHIT!

It doesn't matter if you already have the parts, or if they are free, or if your current shocks a blown out, or if your a cheap fucker with no cash……results are the same. It's a CRAP mod!

NO it's NOT better than doing nothing. It's worse.

Run, run far and never think of this topic again. In the future if anyone mentions it, you can play the roll of the smartest guy in the room by bashing the shit out of the idea,,,,,because you will be 100% right. 

If anyone you know does the mod….you can feed them a big I told you so as soon as they are done.

Does that cover it, or do we need special language for the learning impaired?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm starting this project and i know it was repeated numerous times how and what to do . but i put these shocks in my banshee and they won't compress. i need pictures on this subject because the ones from the first thread won't load... very stressed and i need help if someone feels nice.

one big thing i was wondering was how exactly do i adjust these 450 shocks and is the reason they won't compress is because i didn't do any grinding or alterations to the shock mounts? i have alba +2 a arms on my banshee but they a arms only require stock shocks. with that tho the bike sits too low and bottoms out on whoops. so i saw this thread and figured the450 shocks would give me that extra space from the ground I'm looking for. but now my only problem is that with these 450 shocks in. it looks like the banshee was jacked up off the ground and my a arms are fully suspended... does anyone have some suggestions

make sure lowers clear the tube on the a-arms, loosen the mounting bolts on the shocks  put the bike on the ground jump up and down on it  let it sit where it wants to  then tighten the bolts.   OR the yfz shocks you bought used are fucking bent..  damnit!