Pipe Dreams...

dajogejr

Ok...I'll be getting Pipes quickly...would like to know your thoughts. Intake side is ready...

2-1 Uni from Toomey, picking up VForce 3 this weekend.

I've always read Toomey is king.

But, I've been reading good about the DMC Alien, not to mention they're a bunch cheaper.

I ride mostly open trails, a little drag and a few Dune trips lined up.

So, what do you think? DMC or T-6's?

Ok...I'll be getting Pipes quickly...would like to know your thoughts.  Intake side is ready...

2-1 Uni from Toomey, picking up VForce 3 this weekend.

I've always read Toomey is king.

But, I've been reading good about the DMC Alien, not to mention they're a bunch cheaper.

I ride mostly open trails, a little drag and a few Dune trips lined up.

So, what do you think?  DMC or T-6's?

337637[/snapback]

Pro Circuit

Wow...I've long known PC is great on bikes....used on mine for a long time.

The Shee is a different animal...though.

I'd like to see a Banshee Pipe shootout...couldn't find one on the net.

Toomey has some dyno curves on his site, but...of course his wins in all of them...

The Turner pipes looked good, though...

t5 for ripping around the yard and fast trails ,rockets for open fields and fireroads!

pc are okay revvers, but dont hit like a t5 (not as fun IMO) aliens dont seem to make much power . :cheers:

Edited by rocketboy

Y not the tr6's??? R they shit or something?? I was planning on gettin them sooon!

337738[/snapback]

If you plan on keeping your motor in the stock form, I say 100% T-6's.. But, they do not react well to porting and later modifications. If you plan on porting down the road, I would go with a different pipe, rockets, cpi's, T-5"s. Toomey themselves agree that the T-6 Pipe is great for a stock motor. And them seem to stress the STOCK part of it. Ive read alot of people not liking to T-6's.

If you plan on keeping your motor in the stock form, I say 100% T-6's.. But, they do not react well to porting and later modifications. If you plan on porting down the road, I would go with a different pipe, rockets, cpi's, T-5"s. Toomey themselves agree that the T-6 Pipe is great for a stock motor. And them seem to stress the STOCK part of it. Ive read alot of people not liking to T-6's.

337745[/snapback]

O OK thanks.

my brother in law has dmc 916 on his shee. they are the wicked sounding pipe i ve heard. t5 are a close sec.

they are a good mid pipe. his bike got a good port job and runs really well.

Well...that's why I came here, that's good to know.

I'm looking at a set of T5's right now...never used.

I don't plan on doing anythine else this year...but next year it's gonna get the whole port and polish job, possibly bigger carbs and a NOSS head....so, good to know.

Thanks...all!

I found some cheap T-5's I'm going to pick up.

There's a guy up here that built an 87 years ago...he works at a bike dealership.

My friend bought the 'shee off of him when we got out of High School.

That 'shee had the most perfect motor I've ever ridden...

Smooth power just about everywhere, ran flawless in cold or heat, and one kick everytime. Ran like a champ for years.

He still works at that dealer, and I"m going to give him my 'shee end of this year.

I know he cut new boost ports, and did a crazy port job, but...left it reliable...

My buddy rode his, HARD, for over two years and never replaced a ring, clutch, etc....

That guy new his stuff.

My plan is Wintertime, porting and the whole 9 yards. I'm gonna have fun ripping for this year on a piped shee...

:cheers: