HJR 510 motor build issues, please help

Yeah he said he ran it. I dropped it back off to him yesterday morning he said he was going to look into it but may take a while to get it figured out. Ill look into the UCCR and squish test if it is still not running right when I get it back. 

On a side note, do you guys have any suggestion on how I can get my intake to clear the exhaust. I tried putting header wrap on the exhaust to prevent it from melting but that didn't work as planned. 

IMG_3043.jpg

Yeah he said he ran it. I dropped it back off to him yesterday morning he said he was going to look into it but may take a while to get it figured out. Ill look into the UCCR and squish test if it is still not running right when I get it back. 
On a side note, do you guys have any suggestion on how I can get my intake to clear the exhaust. I tried putting header wrap on the exhaust to prevent it from melting but that didn't work as planned. 
IMG_3043.jpg.d8a9ff7ad80ee5ba19000524756114fe.jpg
Uccr and squish should have been the first things to do before anything else. It's the base to any built engine.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

On 4/7/2023 at 2:55 PM, kevshiau said:

IMG_3043.jpg

Send it off to someone else. Did he assemble the the motor in the bike? Check to make sure your stingers aren't backwards (wrong sides). They should be THAT close to the filters.

The bike is still with him, he said it might take a while to get it figured out so im thinking maybe a month or 2. He assembled the motor in the bike, I will check to make sure the stingers arn't backwards when I get it back. He did put some spacer on one of the front exhaust hangers so that the pipe would clear the top of the cool head, maybe the spacers are bending that part in a weird angle? If I can't get the pipe to clear I'll order some Cascade exhaust heat wraps to see if it will keep it from melting the filters again. 

I don't know anything about motor building but I will ask my regular mechanic they know how to do the UCCR test. When I picked up my bike last time he said the 32 domes are 12.5 to 1 compression. I think I will be able to manage the squish test.

I already spent a bunch of money with him building this motor, I'm hoping he can get it figured out so I won't have to spend more sending it out, but I might have to at the end of the day.

The bike is still with him, he said it might take a while to get it figured out so im thinking maybe a month or 2. He assembled the motor in the bike, I will check to make sure the stingers arn't backwards when I get it back. He did put some spacer on one of the front exhaust hangers so that the pipe would clear the top of the cool head, maybe the spacers are bending that part in a weird angle? If I can't get the pipe to clear I'll order some Cascade exhaust heat wraps to see if it will keep it from melting the filters again. 
I don't know anything about motor building but I will ask my regular mechanic they know how to do the UCCR test. When I picked up my bike last time he said the 32 domes are 12.5 to 1 compression. I think I will be able to manage the squish test.
I already spent a bunch of money with him building this motor, I'm hoping he can get it figured out so I won't have to spend more sending it out, but I might have to at the end of the day.
12.5:1 should be ok for pump fuel, with correct squish and timing.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

17 hours ago, kevshiau said:

TBH, it's ridiculous he's making you wait on fixing his issue. Busy or not, you should be a priority. 

I might get flamed for saying this, but HJR has always seemed to be a 3rd rate builder. 

• 6 months later...

I decided to just run 110 so I brought it back to HJR, he helped me install 29CC domes and advance the timing to +6. Took it out to Glamis this past weekend, it ran way better and didn't back any plugs out. I am not sure if I am getting the full potential of the motor but I am enjoying it for now. I will try another builder down the road if I decide to try to squeeze some more power out of it. I also switched out my CPI's to Shearer to solve the clearance issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kevshiau