Dyno vs plug chop

2004cub

I was thinking about getting my cub jetted by Louie at twister crank but someone told me that dyno jetting gets you peak hp and isn't necessarily good jetting for longevity. Would the plug chop method be better? I could do the main no problem but I'm not confident choosing the right needle.

On 3/23/2023 at 6:24 PM, 2004cub said:

I was thinking about getting my cub jetted by Louie at twister crank but someone told me that dyno jetting gets you peak hp and isn't necessarily good jetting for longevity. Would the plug chop method be better? I could do the main no problem but I'm not confident choosing the right needle.

Out the man who told you this!

11 hours ago, specialblend07 said:

Out the man who told you this!

It was some random guy I talked to at sand lake Oregon so i didnt know if he new what he was talking about or not. I've jetted my stock banshees by chopping the plugs but I never had to change the needles, just move the clip. This is my first high hp bike and there's so many needle lengths and tapers I don't know where to start. The main and pilots are easy, you either need bigger or smaller.