Convert Stock Swingarm?

murder_banshee

Rather than dropping $600-1000 on a new chromoly swingarm, I would like to see if anyone makes kits to convert the stock swingarm chain adjustment to the round house Honda style adjustment? Is there a kit anyone recommends? And how did it work out? Planning on staying stock length, just would prefer to upgrade the chain adjustment to round house style.

Thanks

6 hours ago, tmace said:

JJ&A sell the housing for $35 I think, stellar can also cut you out something custom and send you one. 

This may be a stupid question, but I noticed on the JJ&A website that there are no tabs for the pinch bolts on their housing…how are you supposed to tighten/secure the carrier? Do you have to fabricate and weld tabs on yourself?

7 hours ago, murder_banshee said:

This may be a stupid question, but I noticed on the JJ&A website that there are no tabs for the pinch bolts on their housing…how are you supposed to tighten/secure the carrier? Do you have to fabricate and weld tabs on yourself?

Yes, they also sell the pinch bolt sleeves.

14 hours ago, murder_banshee said:

Get you some 5/8” OD, .120 wall tubing. 3/8” hardware works perfect. Cut it to about 1.75”-2” and center it up on the gap in the carrier tube, weld both sides and then cut the middle out when you are done.