HELP Back to dual oem carbs and fresh top end

Eric03k

4 minutes ago, pk31337 said:

Glad to know you've gotten to the bottom of it. My banshee has a crap ton of donor parts too. As long as it gets me riding though I'm happy. Ride the sand dunes? Maybe I'll catch you in Dumont or Glamis next month...

What? Ur from la area??or atleast clise by??..im down once my babay comes out of surgery 

What? Ur from la area??or atleast clise by??..im down once my babay comes out of surgery 
Yup. I figure you're in San Bernardino from where you were riding. Don't have a truck at the moment so just going when budies are up for it, but hoping to be able to pick one up by next month

SandToyz Unlimited btw for local quality parts. + He knows his banshees. Doesn't work on them though.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

So I’ll bite on this one……glad your new guy found some problems….. but honestly, if the shop that did the work couldn’t figure out the problems…. Maybe it’s best to try somewhere else.

Also…160psi is very high compression, like very very close if not above what pump gas can handle without detonation issues. 

And you claimed this shop ported and polished your head……If that’s what they told you, then you DEFINITELY need to find a new shop as the banshee head can’t be ported because there are no ports on it. “Port and polish” heads is a 4stroke thing….. milling a head down to increase compression is a 2stroke thing….

6 hours ago, Jereme6655 said:

So I’ll bite on this one……glad your new guy found some problems….. but honestly, if the shop that did the work couldn’t figure out the problems…. Maybe it’s best to try somewhere else.

Also…160psi is very high compression, like very very close if not above what pump gas can handle without detonation issues. 

And you claimed this shop ported and polished your head……If that’s what they told you, then you DEFINITELY need to find a new shop as the banshee head can’t be ported because there are no ports on it. “Port and polish” heads is a 4stroke thing….. milling a head down to increase compression is a 2stroke thing….

Thanks for ur response jereme, but Correct me if im wrong.    2 stroke might not have "valves nor cams" but it does have "ports" like any other 4 stroke engine........ Cylinder  has an intake  opening "port" where it sucks fresh air and opposite side u can find the exhaust "port" that spits out burnt gas.....so 2 stroke engines "ports" can definitely be ported( enlarged) for more  volume flow and (polished )for increase velocity flow.....

Correct me if im wrong....im no mechanic, but im youtube certified....hehehe 

6 hours ago, Jereme6655 said:

And "milling" or also known shaving is a procedure to remove material either on surface of head or engine block deck where they both meet to increase cylinder compression or correct warped issues "if still in tolerance."...and NO this procedure is not only a 2 stroke thing it can also be PERFORMED in 4 stroke engine aswell to increase cylinder compression...as of 160 psi.  I did ask the builder to get max psi to run pump gas...he claimed 160 is max on pump gas ,setting timing at zero.......i have to trust him on that cause thats above my paygrade..the info i come across online im right at the edge  but just in case i do detonate ill start looking for a good know octane booster or higher octance gas around this area..i just told him what i wanted, how i rode, gas i used,  and to max head job.....

27 minutes ago, Eric03k said:

And "milling" or also known shaving is a procedure to remove material either on surface of head or engine block deck where they both meet to increase cylinder compression or correct warped issues "if still in tolerance."...and NO this procedure is not only a 2 stroke thing it can also be PERFORMED in 4 stroke engine aswell to increase cylinder compression...as of 160 psi.  I did ask the builder to get max psi to run pump gas...he claimed 160 is max on pump gas ,setting timing at zero.......i have to trust him on that cause thats above my paygrade..the info i come across online im right at the edge  but just in case i do detonate ill start looking for a good know octane booster or higher octance gas around this area..i just told him what i wanted, how i rode, gas i used,  and to max head job.....

Absolutely right about being able to port a banshee motor….I was referring to your comment about the machine/tuning shop that “got my heads port and polished..”

you can port a banshee motor….but it’s the cylinders that ported…I’ve got mine ported from Jeff at F.A.S.T. ……I just wanted to make sure you weren’t getting smoke blown up your ass by some “pro” shop that says they work on banshee motors. And yes shaving the head bumps the compression up on motors with stock heads…..but most usually swap out to an aftermarket head with changeable domes to allow the builder to dial in the compression and squish band per riding styles and fuel. 

I don’t mean any disrespect…..it just seemed odd how your original post was worded…..made me curious if some shop took you for a ride without you knowing…..

Appreciate ur response jereme...and yes ur correct actual head terminology on 2 stroke is basically lamest term a cap ..top holding ur plugs and cooling passage.........no ports to polish........👍 but going back to my baybay today imma pick it up from surgeon , he mentioned my air pods are restricting flow....without filters runs titts but with the individual air pods seems to choke a lil.....they are not k&n brand , just that style..before sending my quad to shop i degreased them and applied oil..close to month and a half ago.....so imma be on hunt for some good flowing air filter set up...

6 hours ago, kawa110 said:

Too much oil on filters??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But wouldnt it have dried or dissipated by now? I can wash again and reapply less oil ...2 months approximately that i cleaned and oiled......it runs beautiful without filters ....but once i put them on starts spitting and backfiring at high rpms....probably need to go size down on my main.....