Banshee Clutch adjustment not lining up

jminjares

I'm having problems adjusting my clutch and I don't think I can get it right. I line up the arrows like the manual, and everyone says but I have a ton of slack left over that even backing out the clutch perch won't fix. I assumed my cable was old and worn but I have the same issue with a brand new Pro Motion cable. The clutch is a brand new HD with 3 HD springs and 3 regular springs. The basket, center hub, pushrod and ball, are all new. The only way I can seem to make things work is when I go past the arrows on the case towards the stator side. I am burning up clutches and wondering if anyone has had this problem and how they've fixed it or any advice for me. Maybe its something small I've just gone over and missed.

this helped me a bunch. Feel visually observe > arrows. Also if you're clutch is new like mine was. Make sure you have enough oil and keep in mind it might drag a bit initially until the oil gets between everything and gets it working right. I had that happen until I rode around a bit and got things going.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I posted a video in your hq facebook thread. If that's how yours is adjusted, then get a oem clutch cable and clutch lever. Then you'll see what the issue is.

I have an ASV lever, motion pro cable and a lock up. I'm not sure how the manual says to adjust it. Mine works fine.

(FYI: Base off of what some responses were over time in the FB group, some "off brands" pancake bearings wont allow the clutch to be properly adjusted. But if you bought something from a supporting vendor, you should be fine.)

5 minutes ago, RagunCajun said:

I posted a video in your hq facebook thread. If that's how yours is adjusted, then get a oem clutch cable and clutch lever. Then you'll see what the issue is.

I have an ASV lever, motion pro cable and a lock up. I'm not sure how the manual says to adjust it. Mine works fine.

(FYI: Base off of what some responses were over time in the FB group, some "off brands" pancake bearings wont allow the clutch to be properly adjusted. But if you bought something from a supporting vendor, you should be fine.)

I have seen some spacers on ASV levers before. That was my initial response.

• 9 months later...

Little late to the party but another reason your clutch arm may not line up with your arrow on the case is that the arm can wear out some from making contact with the rod. The arm doesnt necessarily have to line up with the arrow in order for your clutch to be adjusted properly at least in my case but i have the pancake bearing.

Little late to the party but another reason your clutch arm may not line up with your arrow on the case is that the arm can wear out some from making contact with the rod. The arm doesnt necessarily have to line up with the arrow in order for your clutch to be adjusted properly at least in my case but i have the pancake bearing.
Fuck the arrow, no need at all. If you understand how things works, you don't need the arrow.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1