Banshee feels like clutch slipping

arena314

Hey all so my banshee has been back together since about June and I've put a solid 13 hours on it. I was up in Vermont last week riding some streets and fields so I was doing plenty of pulls and high speed runs and it runs awesome but towards the end of the trip something started to feel a little off.

Everything feels fine starting off but it seems to get into powerband very quickly and scream through but doesn't feel like all the power is being put to the ground. I thought maybe its the wheels spinning but I was looking behind me I don't think thats the case it almost seems to me like the clutch is starting to slip at wot and I feel it more in the lower gears. Could it be that I need more clutch? I put a driveline drag clutch and billet clutch basket with 3 oem springs and 3 stiffer spring in like 2 seasons ago so I didn't replace it during the rebuild but wondering if the extra power is a little to much for it?

I have a driveline 4 mil in it with ported stock cylinders a pro design coolhead open airbox with k&n vforce reeds t5 pipes +4 timing and some shifting mods with a stock trany. Think its time for a lock up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I ordered a new clutch I got the same one again. you think just the 3 springs will make that big a difference? Will a lock up damage the factory trans?

Yes, springs make a huge difference.

No, but a lock up will make it harder to shift at WOT.

ok so I will probably just go with the same clutch but with all heavy springs instead of half and half and see how it goes. Do you think the slipping can be caused by something else like maybe the pressure plate or improper adjustment or something? The clutch seemed to have good life left before going back together and 13 hours later its slipping