Someone help me before I crush my banshee with a skid steer (no f***ing spark 6k later)

redbanshee

I've had it! I refuse to give it away on marketplace so I'll crush it and scrap it soon if this doesn't get fixed.

-bought shitbox banshee, ran, took carbs off to replace hoses, never had spark again....

-tore banshee down, full makeover, complete 370 engine, powdercoated frame, south texas banshee harness, every bushing, every bearing, 100% new quad. 

-ran strong for 2 hours, went to adjust carbs once day, hasn't had spark since...

So far, I've...

-replaced stator with new OEM unit, checked pick up coil gap, new plugs,

-swapped 2 different cdi's

-swapped 2 different coils

-check continuity in key switch, kill switch, and every wire

-tested coil, coil stator, and grounds.

-my meter is even showing voltage going to the coil when the engine is turning over, however I've been told it has a pulse from the ground wire.

all with zero luck no fire. This is the most unreliable POS I've ever owned, and I've had a job1 6.4 

If anyone wants to chime in feel free too other wise I will crush this thing..

4 minutes ago, redbanshee said:

I've had it! I refuse to give it away on marketplace so I'll crush it and scrap it soon if this doesn't get fixed.

-bought shitbox banshee, ran, took carbs off to replace hoses, never had spark again....

-tore banshee down, full makeover, complete 370 engine, powdercoated frame, south texas banshee harness, every bushing, every bearing, 100% new quad. 

-ran strong for 2 hours, went to adjust carbs once day, hasn't had spark since...

So far, I've...

-replaced stator with new OEM unit, checked pick up coil gap, new plugs,

-swapped 2 different cdi's

-swapped 2 different coils

-check continuity in key switch, kill switch, and every wire

-tested coil, coil stator, and grounds.

-my meter is even showing voltage going to the coil when the engine is turning over, however I've been told it has a pulse from the ground wire.

all with zero luck no fire. This is the most unreliable POS I've ever owned, and I've had a job1 6.4 

If anyone wants to chime in feel free too other wise I will crush this thing..

image0 (3).jpeg

4 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

I'd triple check your ground & spray it, for the heck of it

Im going to run a ground wire directly from the head to a cleaned spot on the frame, and clean all of my grounding points. It's so weird to see voltage onthe coil wires, but the coil do nothing, the only thing I can assume now is that the powder coating on the frame is impeding the engine from grounding.

5 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

Possible

the trigger has to trip, to spark also.

My ground wire idea didn't do much, although I'm now sure both the crank case and cylinders are grounded. I have a solid ground with the plugs laying against the head, and my meter is reading small amounts of voltage at the plug when the engine is turned over. like.398 volts. That tells me there is activity, Just can't figure it why it wont actually transmit the right signal to the primary coil. (I've tested 2 different cdi's and 2 different wiring harnesses). Everything is testing good throughout the entire electrical system but it just won't spark!

still have the OEM kill switch? I know you tested it but i had issues with the pinfit in that connector and would cause a no spark when hot, i could wiggle and tug that connector and it would fire up. Also since you were messing with the carbs both times, I would wiggle the stator harness and make sure that tests good and has consistent readings while doing so. Are you sure the STB banshee is for correct year and CDI/stator combo?