Oil leak on top of clutch cover side case

Hey guys, I was riding the Oregon dunes earlier this year In May on my banshee.

After the first day or so I noticed oil leaking from where the clutch cover side meets the engine case on top. I’ll get a pic later if needed.

I didn’t have to add any oil to the transmission the entire week.

I first thought the gasket was bad and it could be coming up through the bad gasket but after thinking about that for a bit, there is probably something else it could be.

So before I order and change that gasket, has anyone ran into this problem before and what was the fix

I also had antifreeze spitting out the front overflow tube as well. It wasn’t even that hot so maybe these two problems are related.

Any ideas?

Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!!

Pretty sure it was trans oil. I am planning on doing WP etc anyway so that cover has to come off. I haven’t checked the vents yet but will and post back

Temp wasn’t warm outside at all. I wasn’t pushing the shee but still was spitting coolant when on the throttle a bit in hill climbs etc. This happens when trail riding when hot out and not much air flow as well.

My plan was to change WP impeller, bearing, and seal etc. drain coolant and do engine ice and try again. Since I will have that side cover off, put a new gasket on and oring.

Anything else???

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk