My banshee loads up too fast

BigDawg

My banshee loads up way too fast what causes this

I have a 2005 banshee with toomey t5 pipes and cool heads. We are running stock carbs and stock jetting settings. When I’m riding it loads up very quickly. The only way it doesn’t load up is if I’m accelerating or getting on it. Another thing that concerns me is how powerful the powerband is. I am very well versed with banshees but this one’s power band is just crazy it goes from very little power then it hits. Also I don’t know how to put it in words but it feels like it misses or lags at times but it doesn’t seem to do this in the power band. Any suggestions?

Float level ?

if its flooding down low ( not using the flooded fuel to lower the level) it'll be way under power down low, then when it clears out ( and uses enough fuel to not overflow anymore) the power will seem more cause it  coming off of no power down low? Tip up on end too, to see if there's fuel in the pipes?

On 8/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, 375hp banshees said:

Float level ?

if its flooding down low ( not using the flooded fuel to lower the level) it'll be way under power down low, then when it clears out ( and uses enough fuel to not overflow anymore) the power will seem more cause it  coming off of no power down low? Tip up on end too, to see if there's fuel in the pipes?

Do you think it could be the jetting because the floats seemed to be fine and were behaving normal for what others were telling us

On 8/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, 375hp banshees said:

Float level ?

What does it mean if there is fuel in the pipes

56 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Fuel in the pipes  means it's flooded. It will run like crap until it burns it, if it will start at all.

And yes , stock jetting with those pipes will melt pistons before you know it.

I rode it for about 2 days at around 1000 feet you think anything internal is too damaged

1) loco is right…you WILL hurt that motor if you keep running stock jetting.

2) tell us WHY you think it’s loading up?

Okay….now I’m NOT trying to be an ass…..did YOU build the bike?

you said the floats “seem” to be fine??? Did you measure and set them correctly? I knew a guy who said his floats were fine….but because of past issues with other bikes, he would turn off the petcock whenever he shut the bike off…..he had no clue his floats were flooding his engine…but it was in fact getting too much fuel when running, just not showing NORMAL signs….

violent powerbands are usually from built up motors, previously owned shitty running motors, or lean jetting. 

Again no offense….but you say you’re “very well versed in banshees”……but your commenting is more on the “new” to these machines kinda side……

3 hours ago, Jereme6655 said:

1) loco is right…you WILL hurt that motor if you keep running stock jetting.

2) tell us WHY you think it’s loading up?

Okay….now I’m NOT trying to be an ass…..did YOU build the bike?

you said the floats “seem” to be fine??? Did you measure and set them correctly? I knew a guy who said his floats were fine….but because of past issues with other bikes, he would turn off the petcock whenever he shut the bike off…..he had no clue his floats were flooding his engine…but it was in fact getting too much fuel when running, just not showing NORMAL signs….

violent powerbands are usually from built up motors, previously owned shitty running motors, or lean jetting. 

Again no offense….but you say you’re “very well versed in banshees”……but your commenting is more on the “new” to these machines kinda side……

I’m thinking the jetting will fix most of the issues and if not it’s the floats

58 minutes ago, specialblend07 said:

Doesn't sound like you are.

It sounds like you maybe haven't ridden with T5 exhaust before. Put stock exhaust back on, tell us how it feels.

4 minutes ago, BigDawg said:

I’m thinking the jetting will fix most of the issues and if not it’s the floats

Have you ever ridden a banshee with T5s before?