Direct drive cover and water pump cover incompatibility (Possible casting flaw)

SemperChaos

Bought one of their new covers with my new motor. Tried a stock water pump cover, a chariot, and a random polished skull one that I have. None of them fit. Now I had already decided that I was going to file my new chariot cover to fit because I didn't feel that it was right to make a company pay like 500 for 2 ways of shipping on my new motor. I called them to say that there was a possible quality escape. A nice lady answered the phone and gave me a number to send a video to. I was not sure what the response was going to be. The response I got was them placing a trimmed cover on one of their covers showing that it fit the one they had.  This did not make much sense because obviously mine was different by how much material I had to remove to make the cover fit. The man who made the video they sent me blamed my covers(including the stock one). I thought this was a poor way to treat a customer. If there was some type of indication that I needed a "special" waterpump cover. I would have just ordered it from the get go. 2 things, I will not be using their products again, and I should have just went with the billet one that FAST sells.

Side note: I don't know how hard of a aluminum chariot uses, but damn. It took me a solid 3 hours of filing and checking to make it fit. Great quality from chariot.

Bought one of their new covers with my new motor. Tried a stock water pump cover, a chariot, and a random polished skull one that I have. None of them fit. Now I had already decided that I was going to file my new chariot cover to fit because I didn't feel that it was right to make a company pay like 500 for 2 ways of shipping on my new motor. I called them to say that there was a possible quality escape. A nice lady answered the phone and gave me a number to send a video to. I was not sure what the response was going to be. The response I got was them placing a trimmed cover on one of their covers showing that it fit the one they had.  This did not make much sense because obviously mine was different by how much material I had to remove to make the cover fit. The man who made the video they sent me blamed my covers(including the stock one). I thought this was a poor way to treat a customer. If there was some type of indication that I needed a "special" waterpump cover. I would have just ordered it from the get go. 2 things, I will not be using their products again, and I should have just went with the billet one that FAST sells.

Side note: I don't know how hard of a aluminum chariot uses, but damn. It took me a solid 3 hours of filing and checking to make it fit. Great quality from chariot.
Some pics woild have been great ;-)

They use 6061T6

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk