Banshee is a classic now and open to new builds.

Why would you put all this time and effort into building a stock frame one off chassis? 

He said he’s building 50, so it wouldn’t be one off. But I get what you’re saying.

There is no reason to copy a terribly designed ugly stock frame. Do something that hasn’t been done before, otherwise, what’s the point?

I think you’re going to realize very quickly that the price you had in mind, isn’t feasible. And with that, your market is going to drop out. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said, A generation 2 or 3 frame could be something different. I don't think 1500 for a frame that you can register is to much to ask. One that is US made, pretty, and lighter/stronger than stock/ with better pipe clearance. I know I could never keep up making 250R's like that. I have to start somewhere. 10-12 Core products that I make + the stuff other people make. I need a new frame table for each frame. Unless I scrap it. I am aware that a modular frame jig can be good for multiple frame designs. but the setup time between frame types gets to be to much. I will build my product list. A frame is not even my first product. To answer question of "Whats the point?" To make banshees rule the sand again. To be able to have the same joy with my son that I had riding a banshee. 

I like the idea and support you getting started out but I am already more interested in this DDQ/Tfaith collab frame than the stock geometry frame idea. I have a feeling i am not alone in that thinking either. 

• Like 1

I like the idea and support you getting started out but I am already more interested in this DDQ/Tfaith collab frame than the stock geometry frame idea. I have a feeling i am not alone in that thinking either. 

Yeah, give me a narrow front end, true LT gullwing LFGGGGGG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, dano3 said:

We will see. I have a laeger to copy if you fuckers pressure me into it xD

10 hours ago, DDQ said:

I'm not an engineer, but how would you a make a jig for that frame that uses banshee radiator, steering stem, hoop,, upper rails etc that are all banshee?

If Yamaha did it, you can too. It would likely be made in multiple pieces and jigs, then put into an assembly jig to the angles perfect. 

12 hours ago, DDQ said:

I'm not an engineer, but how would you a make a jig for that frame that uses banshee radiator, steering stem, hoop,, upper rails etc that are all banshee?

Lots of measuring, and having a very straight frame to copy helps.

No, one "jig table" and 2"x2" heavy wall square tubing that the frame sits on with .125 spacers on top. You don't want to weld to your table if you can help it. The square tubing bolts in with a tapered fastener that is countersunk in. That keeps your consistency.  Why the .125 spacers you ask? that is so that you can use a piece of tubing that is .250 larger OD and .125 thick and split it down the center to weld your tubing guides on to. That will help you to be consistent. You "can" just measure real good off a flat surface. It is better to have the fixtures though. It cuts down on the human mistakes. Most proper frame jigs look like a damned spider. Every surface that has a specified point IE: suspension pickup points, body mounts, fuel tank mount. etc. has to have a provision on the jig. There are many straight bars that you can just measure and put them in. Not reinventing the wheel here. This is like fabrication 101. I am just grateful there are no sheet metal templates to deal with like on the circle track cars. 

On 7/26/2022 at 4:21 AM, DDQ said:

Yeah I understand how a jig is setup. But how do you make one jig for two frames? The laeger lower and oem banshee upper?

oh, not the oem upper that would be to short. I acctually got to talk to the man who engineered the laeger banshee today. I am very grateful for that conversation. I will have a massive post about it in a week or so. I have to go over my notes.