Banshee won’t downshift

Hello this is my first time on a forum so imma need all the help I can get. So I just got my hands on a 1996 Yamaha banshee. It’s really great has fmf gnarly pipes with fmf silencers as well. It sounds fantastic. But when I rode it for the first time everything was really difficult but it worked. I replaced the throttle and clutch lines as well as gave the whole quad a once over. After that I rode it and I saw that it just didn’t want to downshift in motion. You had to stop and then press down on the shifter multiple times for it to shift down. I’m not sure what the issue is so if anyone could help me out that would be great.

Check your clutch cable and clutch actuator adjustment since you just replaced clutch cable. If that is adjusted correctly then pull clutch cover and check shift lever/claw adjustment. Probably wise to replace the eccentric screw as they get dented and lose adjustment, then adjust correctly. Plenty of youtube videos on these things but getting a clymer manual helps too. 

• Thanks 1