New Engine ran well and now is un-driveable

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is them, fresh engine and it cleans up as fuel runs out / air is forced into the carbs. If I can't figure it out I'll pull the head and check them out. Pistons look clean through the intake and exhaust though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, jst854 said:

Stock jugs Eric Gorr woods port. I haven't reached out to him regarding jetting as it was running well, thought I had it pretty close until whatever this is happened

I'd start there & see how far off you are if@ all

Yeah slides are the same height, carbs synced. Compression is good. 125ish on both sides.
It runs well the 1st few seconds after I start it then it starts smoking a lot and is real boggy, won't idle, but won't die if you keep on the throttle will rev about 60-70% of the way out. If I shut off the fuel it runs well for a few seconds before it runs dry. Leads me to believe it is rich but I went from it running well with a 154 main and 50 pilot and now I have a 148 and 48 in it. Elevation and temperature no real difference between running well and this now

Not sure, not very familiar with these carbs. I can pull the choke out and see through the passage on the side of the carb, besides that no. I take it just unscrew the choke and pull the whole thing out?