R1 rocket silencer mount tabs

Canadianshee

I Do, will prob be going that way just wanted to see if mounting other way would help prevent the welds from cracking. Looks like two times these have broken. Than again looks like Jessie may have welded them before.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Canadianshee said:

I Do, will prob be going that way just wanted to see if mounting other way would help prevent the welds from cracking. Looks like two times these have broken. Than again looks like Jessie may have welded them before.

Ah, i think most solid mount the back, maybe you could insulate the mounts somehow. + the fact you'll put them where you want, might make them be in a less stressed mount/angle

Speaking of jesse i see this one isnt stuffed in the time out conex. Looks like youve got plenty more  work room then i thought?

Ah, i think most solid mount the back, maybe you could insulate the mounts somehow. + the fact you'll put them where you want, might make them be in a less stressed mount/angle
Speaking of jesse i see this one isnt stuffed in the time out conex. Looks like youve got plenty more  work room then i thought?
Lol time out corner.
Yea rubber isolation is a good idea.

• 1 month later...

Your idea of using one of the round tube pipe hangers like you see on the newer 4 strokes would be the best option. My originals had welded tabs and they vibrated and cracked. Once I did them with the round tube clamps with a rubber isolator in the top bolt hole, the excess vibration went away. Way more pleasant to ride. Plenty of options from summit, jegs, and other bike/atv suppliers. https://www.budracing-usa.com/us/replacement-stainless-bracket-with-alloy-red-support-for-bud-racing-2-stroke-silencer.html

Your idea of using one of the round tube pipe hangers like you see on the newer 4 strokes would be the best option. My originals had welded tabs and they vibrated and cracked. Once I did them with the round tube clamps with a rubber isolator in the top bolt hole, the excess vibration went away. Way more pleasant to ride. Plenty of options from summit, jegs, and other bike/atv suppliers. https://www.budracing-usa.com/us/replacement-stainless-bracket-with-alloy-red-support-for-bud-racing-2-stroke-silencer.html
Thanks for the link, some good stuff on their sites. Will go this route. Sounds like same deal prev owner rewelded the bracket.
You happen to have a pic of your old set up. Also how loud are these pipes compared to CPI's. We have new sounds limits in effect here now as to not disturb town folk. Was thinking of swapping theses with CPI