Banshee dies no idle

GoatHzb

26 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

You do realize the air and idle screws are 2 separate screws, right? One thread you say you have TORS, the new one says you don't.

No the others thread it’s about my other banshee the one that doesn’t idle is a 2006 with tors system and the one where one pipe only smokes is a 2000 banshee without tors 

• 2 weeks later...

You already got a good starting point in an above answer. I'm not a banshee expert by any means but just dealing with the lack of idle issue and only assuming everything else is in tact, there are a few things you should check. How are your reeds? How is your compression? 

You went from a cracked air box to almost completely unrestricted air with the pods. Get the 27.5 pilots and a handful of main jets from size 280 to 320.

I personally try to start rich on jetting and work my way down. Others might have a different way but that is just what I do. 

Put the 27.5 pilots in and put the needle on the 3rd groove down. Middle groove on stock needles. (don't use the toomey needle).

start with the air mixture 1.5 turns out.  There isn't really a factory idle setting on the tors units. I removed mine right after buying my banshee. 

You have a sync tool, right? If not sync them by the windows on the side of the carb. Look at the slides and move the throttle slightly and make sure the slides move in sync. Then buy a sync tool. They are cheap and easy to use.

Once you have it idling, set the air mixture. set them equally. I can't help you hear what it sounds like when you have them set right. It will sound like it is getting sluggish as you turn the screws in going toward rich. And you'll get a dry sounding bog as you turn them the other way in the lean zone. You want to shoot for that little spot right between lean and rich. Lean condition will have a dry sounding bog when you blip the throttle, will take a second to get a good reaction from the throttle and your rpms will hang and not settle properly. When they drop, the bike might even die completely. A good way to check if it is lean in this case is to half choke it. If it improves, you are definitely lean. If it dies completely, you're rich. 

Again, this is assuming you have checked for leaks and compression.

For main jets you have to do plug chops and read your smoke rings. There are a million videos and way better posts on plug chops and carb tuning here than what i can give you but it's really not that hard. Just have to play with it til its doing what you expect it to do and your plugs look right after doing the chops.