swing arm. who's do i buy

caleb90

8 hours ago, DDQ said:

The wheelie 'issue' is not a traction or power issue. It is a rider perception. SLP pipes don't hit hard. You aren't making a ton of power. If you don't have studded tires you aren't getting a ton of traction.
It's a banshee. It pulls hard but as a rider you can handle it without having to lean over the tank to keep from flipping over backwards. I've ridden a 95hp serval with a shorter than stock swingarm on a mx track. There were no problems.
Go with a stock length swingarm. You won't have any problems with nerf bar clearance and it's PLENTY long for a 100+ hp motor if you decide to build one in the future.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hows the vodka? The slp pipe thing was a joke

What are you running up front? That's where the banshee suffered the most. Being only 43 inches wide stock a 2(Wide)+1(Forward) a-arm will lengthen your wheelbase and positively effect the poor chassis geometry. The front stock shocks are a joke and what I'd replace before anything including stock exhaust. Seems like you are going for quality of life improvements and yea a quick change and not having to drain coolant to fuck with the clutch is pretty nice.

2 hours ago, caleb90 said:

Lock out clutch cover. I dont have a lock out, i want easy access to the clutch

I have a lock up clutch but with a stock cover. Very good idea to get the cover. It's so much easier. Plus they look cool. I want to get one as well as the stator cover with bearing support. I been putting it off for lets see, 10+ years now.

Tyler Faith in the bansheehq fb group wrote a lot of long post about proper suspension set up. You could always check this post for info.

One thing i noticed today, is the swingarm has side to side play on the clutch side. Bearing isnt bad the whole thing including the dust cap is moving on the bolt.  Every thing is torqued to spec, curious if the all balls pivot tube is bored slightly to big for the swingarm bolt

Got the play figured out. Went to recheck torque on the swingarm bolt. Somthing must have been pinched when i put it together and torqued it down. Nut was still lock tighted in place but the swingarm bolt was loose, must have broken free what ever was pinched and loosed every thing up