PTO cylinder popping not firing 100%

Ok can someone confirm this one...

When testing a plug boot.... should it OHM UNDER 5k  or above 5K within a tolerance.....     did some digging and mixed views on that matter.

right now i got one boot at 4.56 and another at 6.87 

Edited by ride.race.live

1 hour ago, 375hp banshees said:

The secondary is 4.7k - 7.1k which includes the boot( i assume) don't know if that helps

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

With the boots on it will range from 15ishK ohm. without boots its 4.7-7.1k

without boots its reading 6.5k so thats fine.   and primary is bouncing from 3-4 which is within spec  

im just not sure if the boots  should read at or just below the 5k  or at and just above 5k. 

51 minutes ago, 375hp banshees said:

I don't see the spec in my downloaded man.

If it's in the book? I can look in a couple hrs or so. But i assume it's not, & you have a clymers?

yeah i got the clymers.   it already shows wrong info on how to check a coil.

the info i got so far was from blowit on here when doing a search on how to test coil  (he's the one that mentioned when testing secondary with caps it would test higher)  but i can not find for the life of me what the actual tolerance is for just the boots.

I always though it was 5K or under... then i read some places its 5K+ within reason.    so now im back to being as clueless as skeeter when he was 21.   (didnt think i could hit rock bottom that hard :D

Just FWIW resistors come in different tolerance specs from +-1% to +-20%.  I assume they are using low tolerance resistors for this application.  As long as you are reading something, the spark plug cap is typically usable.  They fail open circuit and you would get no reading.

8 minutes ago, 375hp banshees said:

It must suck, working on something after that jesse fella

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

wut you talkin aboot willis...

my old 10mil is with Canadianshee  lol.

im working on a locals banshee... bought a 1987 in 100000 pieces....  bought a motor from a sponsor as the one he had was beyond fucked.   now dealing with a miss fire lol