Carb choices

2k7cheeta

6504c06794fcb5bbdcfe783e9b511a62.jpg

In the process of building my driveline assassin 4mil.

The build is driveline +4 crank, assassin cylinders 68mm low port, promod transmission, vf4 reeds, toomy t5s. I’m wondering what I should do for carbs? I messaged driveline to get a starting point for jetting on my pwk28s and they told me they had no luck getting the pwks jetted properly. Told me I was better off with stock. I’m just building it for light trailing and ripping around gravel pits. What carbs would you put on this setup? I have access to a few different sets of carbs. I have stock, genuine pwk28s, 34mm mikuni and 32mm keihin right off hand or I’ll buy another set of there is something that would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6504c06794fcb5bbdcfe783e9b511a62.jpg
In the process of building my driveline assassin 4mil.
The build is driveline +4 crank, assassin cylinders 68mm low port, promod transmission, vf4 reeds, toomy t5s. I’m wondering what I should do for carbs? I messaged driveline to get a starting point for jetting on my pwk28s and they told me they had no luck getting the pwks jetted properly. Told me I was better off with stock. I’m just building it for light trailing and ripping around gravel pits. What carbs would you put on this setup? I have access to a few different sets of carbs. I have stock, genuine pwk28s, 34mm mikuni and 32mm keihin right off hand or I’ll buy another set of there is something that would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wtf no able to jett a pwk?? Is it a joke???

I runned pwk 35mm on my driveline cyl, no problem at all.

I run pwk 39mm on my 521

Almost Everyone are running pwk ffs!!!

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the same engine and reeds but larger pipes.  I too got the answer from them about not being able to tune for 28's.  I've been down the road of 35's and know for my riding area I need the fuel economy and I like the lower power.  I settled on 33's taking his advice in consideration.  There are plenty of folks running 28's, tuned in well and they are happy.  I sometimes get buyer remorse and wish I would have stuck with 28's.

Opinions are like kittens, everyone giving them away, myself included.  Cam at Redline will shake his head if you want any smaller than 35mm.  Whats his name who builds CPI pipes and dynos thousands with an AFR swears you'll never be tuned right without Mikunis 🤮.

Rock the 28's if you got em!

41 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

Interesting,  cam has recommended under 35mm carbs on many setups. 

I am sure he has, not really the point being made. Cam does have my driveline currently and urged 35mm plus to be more precise. He also put 35’s on my last serval. But anyway... 

Weird, i was just talking about this. I run 28s on a 421 serval and they are dialed in with the Snipers from Cam himself. He did have trouble with these carbs air screw adjustment. I have switched to Shearers and i cant get the jetting where i want them. I just bought 33 PWK from a guy running Driveline set up who couldnt get his 28s working either. This guy eneded up going 35s.

Driveline seem to perfer 35s on their 421s, thats how id go.

• Like 2