Motor City Spark ignition package.

Jetnbyu93

Checking in to see if anyone has experience or additional information in regards to the Motor City Spark ignition package? I’m currently in the process of another drag build and this seems very interesting to me. All of my previous builds I have only used fresh OEM ignition parts with good results. Nevertheless, as new things evolve I don’t mind spending money and making changes if they are effective and efficient. Looking into the Motor City Spark package, I believe it replaces the CDI and no Stator is required within the configuration. Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated! 

I have had a lot of bad luck with motor city. Bought a flywheel listed as "the pictured item" on ebay, even though it had 13 available. Showed up a little rusty with a rattle inside. Started a return, they said they could send me another with no rattle if I was fine with a lot of rust. Got a full refund at least. 

I inquired about an expensive used stator they had, asked if it was OEM and it was aftermarket. Used after market at OEM prices... They also sell new aftermarket ones for 1/5th the price. I have seen what I thought was deals on new parts that show up used.

They have tons of stuff that look like deals, but I've never once been happy with a purchase and stopped buying from them.

1 hour ago, grantevans713 said:

I have had a lot of bad luck with motor city. Bought a flywheel listed as "the pictured item" on ebay, even though it had 13 available. Showed up a little rusty with a rattle inside. Started a return, they said they could send me another with no rattle if I was fine with a lot of rust. Got a full refund at least. 

I inquired about an expensive used stator they had, asked if it was OEM and it was aftermarket. Used after market at OEM prices... They also sell new aftermarket ones for 1/5th the price. I have seen what I thought was deals on new parts that show up used.

They have tons of stuff that look like deals, but I've never once been happy with a purchase and stopped buying from them.

I believe we are talking about 2 different things. I think you are talking about Motor City ATV.....

——————————————————

I’m talking about Motor City Spark ignition systems

https://motorcityspark.com

1 hour ago, grantevans713 said:

No, Not ray 

Checking in to see if anyone has experience or additional information in regards to the Motor City Spark ignition package? I’m currently in the process of another drag build and this seems very interesting to me. All of my previous builds I have only used fresh OEM ignition parts with good results. Nevertheless, as new things evolve I don’t mind spending money and making changes if they are effective and efficient. Looking into the Motor City Spark package, I believe it replaces the CDI and no Stator is required within the configuration. Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated! 

I want to try it next season on my 521.

You can keep the stator power side for lights.

It run with a Lipo batt.

I only heard good stuff about those who tried them, both in the Shee and 250r world.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I want to try it next season on my 521.

You can keep the stator power side for lights.

It run with a Lipo batt.

I only heard good stuff about those who tried them, both in the Shee and 250r world.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

I chatted with them quite a bit via email. I’m sold on it.

Ordered, received it today, now waiting on the lipo, then will start install.

I think it’s going to be the new hidden sauce, we shall see....
541e2818f62b6b8f81b924319ec8face.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

New build or already got time slips/ jetting to compare?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Well...I have been going back and forth the last couple days. I think I’m going to see how it performs on my current build. I believe that will give me a better comparison and some time learn more about it.
  • Like 1

Might save you some headaches. they seem to have a good reputation but I've heard nightmares of people with PVL's and stuff starting off on a new build.doing just an ignition change On a currently running eng. might be a better start...
Downfall is, you might end up buying 2

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

On and popping . Started right up. Pretty impressed so far. Install wasn’t bad and of course I added a few extra things, such as wire and lipo heat protection ect ect. Sounds a little more snappy. Just have to wait until the snow is gone before the test ride.

c7593c5f0010db7f3cf4f9507deff3b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3