plated cylinder longevity

devon1996

How many hours do you get on a plated cylinder vs oem cast? I only put 4 tanks of 32:1 av gas through my stockers and they already need an overbore. The builds a 4 mill stroker with 66mm blaster pistons. It spent the entirety of those 4 tanks at wide open throttle on the limiter but I was expecting more than one season out of a top end regardless. I'm thinking about getting a set of athena 68mms instead of going to 66.25 on my stock cylinders. But it's not cost effective if they won't last at least 100 hours before replating. I don't use the shee enough to justify the 1400 for cheeta cylinders. I'd rather just buy another yz250 at that point.  I do know that I'm going to go to 16:1 on this build to try and get it to last.

Any easy way to tell if they're oem? They look like yamaha quality castings and the bike had a bunch of quality parts on it when I got it so I don't imagine the dude put niche cylinders on it. But the machinest might have set it up loose I guess. When I tore it down the ring gap was .032 and .036 and the piston clearance was .007. there's no scoring the bores are completely smooth