Engine Case Dowel Pins

if the dowel is to mangled then try penetrating oil for a day or 2. this stud remover works fairly good. grip the stud low as possible https://www.jbtools.com/titan-tools-16023-3-8-drive-stud-extractor/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8YOLz6_W7AIVDNvACh0NpQwBEAQYASABEgLwjvD_BwE

hopefully u dont shear the stud or pull the case threads. heat may help but i wouldnt get crazy with it

Alright, I ended up ordering a new case dowel and test fitted it with the cylinder off.  The dowel would not go into the cylinder hole (not case hole), which was obviously a machining error. So, I rounded out the not so great dowel pin, I drilled out the hole a bit and it  went on.  All good until I go to start it, and it won't light up.  I've got compression (120 in both cylinders), spark, and fuel, and the spark plugs are dry.  In the end I sprayed some starting fluid in and it kicked off real quick, I was able to get it running but it was idling way too high and eventually would run up to the point where I would have to kill it (with pulling the plugs no less, different story). I knew going into this to already be prepared for that, and I was.  The idle screws had no effect on the idle either.  I checked the reeds and they looked fine, but I'm going to pull them and re-check.  The carbs are going to be pulled and thoroughly cleaned.  I'm thinking massive air leak right now, then carb or both.  When I get more down time I'm gonna get back to it, but I gotta fix the kill switch issues so......

I must have pulled a wire somewhere because I'm pretty sure it worked before.  Anyway, I was thinking about just buying a new wire harness and going that route sine it is a mess.  I contacted Corey from Kustom Koncepts but haven't heard back.  Is there any big drawback from buying a stock oem style harness and leaving the crap you don't need unplugged, or is it better to get one custom made?  Is it that big of a headache dealing with an oem style harness when I have TORS delete, no KEY, and Parking brake delete?  Thanks for any input.  I wish I had more time to run through the problems right now, but that's life.

Edited by Incognito485