Hole in banshee case?

So i just picked up a 01 banshee and been riding it well other day i noticed it was dripping oil from the bottom case so i put it on my lift and long story short there 2 holes on the bottom case that go all the way through to the top. (One in between the heads and the other one is just below the stator cover) the dude who i bought it from JB welded the bottom hole so i thought i needed new cases but i fpund out theyre suppose to be there to allow grass, water, etc to pass though rather then pile up underneath the carbs. My issue is im 99% sure i was dripping oil out of that hole what should i do? Everyone says not to weld the holes but same time i think thats my only fix to stop the leak i cant submit photos cause theyre over 52kbs but im sure the holes are in any banshee, but isn't it harmful to have holes in the case especially when i plan on doing some dune riding?

Okay cause it wasn't leaking the day i got it it just did it the other day so i parked it and was gonna pull the motor to get them welded shut but i didnt even think of that (intake manifold does have a bit of oil on it so i 100% agree) but i shouldn't worry about those holes when i go to the dunes in a couple weeks?

You need to post pics
Tapatalk

The hole on top of the case that goes all the way through is supposed to be there. That hole is most likely where you carbs are dripping onto the cases then leaking down though to the bottom. Leave it alone. Get ur carbs fixed

If you have a hole that is JB welded....then good luck.

You can attempt to weld the aluminum but it is oil soaked and is 98% chance it won’t work.

You can try more job weld or even an epoxy.

Buy a set off cases and swap everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...