Paint

I recently have got pretty much my whole shee powder coated. Long story short now my plastics do not match with everything else I have done. Instead of purchasing new plastics I would like to paint mine. So my question here is what exactly do you need to do to make paint STICK to plastic and actually have it last? What paint do you use? What kind of prep work do you do? I have yellow and black plastics since it’s a 2003 and I would like to paint them a nice Matte/Flat black. Any help is appreciated since I really want it to look nice. Thank you. 5ee59fc269a6884dfb3e2593e5f1eb9c.jpg

its really hard to get paint to hold up well,  between the flex and rocks it always ends up looking crappy. 

You need to sand all the plastics and have a paint mixed up and sprayed with a lot of the stuff they put in it for flex, like what they paint car bumpers with.  It wont stop rock chips and will most likely cost as much as plastics would

When I painted mine (it’s been a long time now).  I  cut all the fenders down so there was less flex and used a good adhering primer. Primer held up well but they automotive paint didn’t fair as well.  Granted I was the easiest on the paint. 

If I had to do it over again I would look into new plastic. 

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

You could do all the tricks of the trade paint promoter for plastic like bulldog and it will still cracking bend chip it will look good till it starts doing all the above.your best bet if you don’t wanna use the yellow Plastics is sell them and buy The color you want or find some one to trade but I would paint them it never holds up.