87 J Arm loose front end

Hello, my Dad gave me the Banshee he bought new in 87 that I rode as a kid. I may have been oblivious back then but I rode it yesterday and  everything in the front end is loose. The ball joints and bushings on both control arms are bad so I was thinking of doing the A arm conversion kit but the swingarm is also cracked. Is it better just to get and A arm roller and move the engine and trans? I just replaced the clutch (still had the stock clutch) and did the billet mods while I was in there. The engine was ported and polished back in the day and feels stronger than other Banshees I've ridden so I'd like to transfer it. Also are the 87 parts worth anything?

Thank you and enjoy your day!

Just get an a-arm roller. Or even a frame and make it what you want. It took me some time after I wrecked on a hill climb but it's all good now...
bdaf9cc0f5e2df46ad5af1898b70185e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I went through this on a 89 I had. I had stellar build me a new set of j arms. Can't remember cost, but they were top notch. Fireball racing will also build some j arms to. Swing arm just replace with a round house swing arm. Screw those stock junk ones

Nothing wrong with the J-arms. Fix what needs fixing on your bike.

The swing arm is steel so it can be repaired (welded. Just make sure whoever welds it knows what the fuck they are doing.... If they do not drill both ends of the crack before they weld, hit them with a BFH in the nuts.)

or you can replace it with a round house swinger... lots of options. 

And stock suspension banshees SUCK in the dunes. at the least go with +2+1 arms and dual rate shocks up front and get you rear shock reworked for your weight and going over the whoops.

Night and day difference.