32 :1 vs 40 :1 for top end Longevity.

Hello, longtime four stroke dirtbike Guy that recently got a banshee... Because he was tired of 4 strokes .. The previous owner said mix 40:1 ...clymer manual says 24 :1 ....my daughters LT 80s 32:1 ....I plan on trail riding this thing And don’t feel like doing the top end too much ...is it better to go down to 32:1 and have to mix one  batch Of gas ... For the LT 80 and the banshee.   Thanks guys 👌... Just about to make my first batch of gas for the banshee Just wondering to step up to 32 to 1 or not 

I personally run 40:1, in the past I've run 32:1, my engine guy recommended 32:1

If I were you, I'd use what you use in the LT80, carry one mix.

Now keep in mind going from 40 parts to 32 parts oil you will have less fuel in the fuel/air ratio. But it is minuscule.

But if it was jetted on the ragged edge of lean, you will need to watch it.

23 hours ago, Deets said:

Yes, less oil means more gas in the mixture. Which will richen tune just a tad. 

it would lean it.  less oil, leaner the motor. otherwise running no oil would be richer.   but to a certain point it drops octane meaning less power at the same time. 

Qlip,  proper is based off your jetting.  most people i would say run 40:1  but you will see 32:1 and you will see 50:1  

47 minutes ago, ginger said:

it would lean it.  less oil, leaner the motor. otherwise running no oil would be richer.   but to a certain point it drops octane meaning less power at the same time. 

Qlip,  proper is based off your jetting.  most people i would say run 40:1  but you will see 32:1 and you will see 50:1  

I disagree, I’ve been messing with 2 strokes for bit. I’ve tested this on my Race saws a few times. More oil equals a leaner tune. 

• Like 1